Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello long lost friends! It’s been years since I’ve actually been on here. Since I joined I’ve taken in 3 more dogs so a total of 5 now! My post is about Bella, my Maltese panting all the time. Does anyone else have this problem with their baby? She’s 9 years old & a bit overweight.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,164 Posts
Have you asked your vet to do an evaluation of her heart? If there is an issue I would take her to a cardiologist. Panting can also have to do w/pain so check out the gall-bladder---my dogs have had experience w/both of these issues and panted excessively. I would also try to reduce her weight as that can make a big difference. It has taken some slow time but K is down about a pound & he is still heavy enough at 7.4. He does love his food!

Reactions: maddysmom

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
I agree with Sandi's suggestions -- the panting could be due to heart issues or pain somewhere. A third possibility might be some kind of stress -- one of my dogs reacts badly to some sounds, especially of the smoke detector, and pants with tongue out just a little and curled upwards. A vet exam would be a very good idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts