Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of seeing the word "Bull Wrinkles" on the recipe section, makes me cringe
. I thought I would look for a good recipes for your doggies! Found this one that sounds easy enough to make, and looks like it could be done in a jiffy!

I got this recipe from The Poop Pantry...sounds yummy!. They have lots of ideas.

Soft Banana Strips

1 egg
1c fast-cook oats
1/2 banana
1/3c milk
1/2c all-purpose flour
1/8c rice

Squash bananas, and beat the egg. then spread evenly on a plate.
Next, heat in microwave for 3 and 1/2 minutes. when done, let them cool.
Then cut and serve.

~Elegant

·
Registered
939 Posts
Elegant....

Let us know if you try this and how your pup likes them! They sure sound good to me

Judi

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Oct 16 2004, 09:45 PM
I got tired of seeing the word "Bull Wrinkles" on the recipe section, makes me cringe 
.  I thought I would look for a good recipes for your doggies!  Found this one that sounds easy enough to make, and looks like it could be done in a jiffy!

I got this recipe from The Poop Pantry...sounds yummy!.  They have lots of ideas.

Soft Banana Strips

1 egg
    1c fast-cook oats
    1/2 banana
    1/3c milk
    1/2c all-purpose flour
    1/8c rice

Then cut and serve.

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12174
[/QUOTE]

this sounds nice but...

do u use the fast cook oats, milk, rice, flour ??

it just says squash bananas and beat the egg..what do u
do with the other ingredients??

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

I thought the same thing Mee...I assumed mix it all...but I was hoping someone else would ask... :ph34r:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Oct 16 2004, 09:45 PM
.  I thought I would look for a good recipes for your doggies!  Found this one that sounds easy enough to make, and looks like it could be done in a jiffy!

I got this recipe from The Poop Pantry...sounds yummy!.  They have lots of ideas.

Soft Banana Strips

1 egg
    1c fast-cook oats
    1/2 banana
    1/3c milk
    1/2c all-purpose flour
    1/8c rice

Then cut and serve.

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12174
[/QUOTE]

I am going to try this for my baby. He loves bananas and I thought it was strange for an animal to eat them. He likes the peeling too. He tries to turn over the trash can when I throw one away. I have to put in the can outside so he will quit.

·
Registered
841 Posts
All this stuff sounds really good .I''m confused though everyone talks about watching what you feed them because of their stomachs but I can tell you Summer would rather eat people food chicken , bananas, eggs etc.. she
SO I quess what I'm woundering is it ok to feed them healthy people food?

·
Registered
26 Posts
hello all I just made the banana strips for my dogs ,well let me say that they love them and begging for more..lol thanks for the recipe!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Theresa@May 6 2005, 09:08 AM
All this stuff sounds really good .I''m confused though everyone talks about watching  what you feed them because of their stomachs but I can tell you Summer would rather eat people food chicken , bananas, eggs etc.. she 
  SO I quess what I'm woundering is it ok to feed them healthy people food?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=60351
[/QUOTE]

I think the important thing is to feed healthy human food that doesn't have salt, oil, etc....however, if you add human food you have to reduce the amount of dog food they're getting ... so you do have to be careful that they are getting all their nutrients....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts