Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got looking at the metal exercise pens and realized that they were pretty heaven. On one of the sites they had a soft sided one which is like half the weight. Does anyone have a soft sided x-pen? Do you like it? Does it hold up good?

I'm thinking of putting Lexi in the x-pen while I'm at work. So I need to make sure there is no way for her to climb it. Do you think the 30" would be high enough, or should I go with the 36".

I did some searches and the best price I found was at Kings Wholesale. The 30" one is $89.99 and the 36" is $94.99.

Here is the link: General Cage It's A Breeze Too Soft-Side Exercise Pen

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I have a plastic pen from petsmart. MY PEN I have had it for a year now... and kodie loves it... he can look out the little holes and everything! I think its a great idea to keep a Maltese in a pen. Kodie has everything in it too! His water, food, puppy pad, bed, some toys (that i dont have to supervise him with) and I have his crate in it too! Its in my bedroom. I leave the TV on and everything for him. Good idea to look into a pen! :D

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I looked at that soft pen before I got mine from the Ferret store. Only problem that I had was whether the sides could be chewed. I didn't have a problem with Jolie chewing and Sadie doesn't seem like a chewer either, but then I'm not having to leave them all day long. How much does Lexi chew? If she has been destructive in any way then the soft sides could be a problem. As to the height, my pen is 30" and it seems unlikely that she could get out anytime soon. I have to be careful that I don't put anything, such as a crate, that she could climb up on and then hop out of the pen. I love the mat that came with my pen and I have washed it and it did great. If you get the soft one you could get one of those waterproof canvas things that you buy at Petsmart to put in your car. (Like this that is 4 x 4: http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1100736000133
That was my backup plan if I had to put an unlined X-pen. I absolutely LOVE having a pen. It is so different now than 10 years ago when we got Jolie, because there are some great products that keep the dogs safe! At that time we thought that crates were revolutionary. Who knew about X-pens and car seats!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only time Lexi was destructive was while she was teething. That's when she damaged my bathroom wall. Since then she has done anything. She mostly digs at the floor. Since I'm going to put the tileboard under it to protect the carpet I won't have to worry about that.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
it looks awesome. you can totally tie some chicken wire or something on the inside if she starts biting or scratching.
it looks really cool though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts