Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Sojo Food Mixes (similar to Dr. Harvey's I think) where you add in meat?

If so, what did you (your furbutt) think of it?

Also, has anyone used the new Sojo Food Mix that comes with the freeze dried turkey so that you don't have to add in meat?

If so, what did you (your furbutt) think of it?

Am thinking of trying it, but before I buy it, I just wanted an opinion if possible.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I tried it for Shiloh, it takes quite a while for the pieces to rehydrate. I found her picking out the carrots because they never completely softened up. It was also quite messy and made her beard all wet and temporarily stained. I would have to wash her face immediately after eating...just too much maintenance for me. I've heard the other brands did not take as long to rehydrate and were less messy. I feed Acana now and she loves it. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I don't remember the exact website but there are a lot of negative comments regarding Sojos. Something a long the lines of it lacks certain nutriences.......
I actually tried it before I read the disturbing comments. Not only did my dog not touch it but it did not rehydrate good and smelled like Lipton cup-a-soup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts