Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i know alot of you are upset about 'cliques' and stuff in the board. sooo.. why not solve it? we can do an interview type thing - set up two members who don't know eachother, like eachother, or just don't get along. they can talk through e-mail, pm, or ims and find out like 5 things that are interesting about them, and then we can all post what we find out on a thread. maybe we'll all find out some things we don't know about eachother.

just an idea
if anyone wants to participate, post.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well little Lucy Lou... I can say that I don't dislike anyone here, but here are my interest. (this would of been good for high school, their was a lot of broads there I didn't like)

my animals
paragliding (jumping off mountains and flying for hours)
rock climbing
fishing
camping
shopping for Jolie items

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I used to see cliques but I don't really see it much now. It used to be that I would see the same people's posts following one another on a controversial thread as if they had planned it all through PMs. I don't see that much now at all.

Obviously there are people who through PM-ing have become friends and they support each other on various issues. I think when there is a lot of use of the hand clapping smiley all by itself after a post, it gives the impression that we're teamed up and it can be hurtful to the poster who was being replied to. For some reason that is just the impression it gives me.

At this point in time, I truly don't see cliques here.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Well little Lucy Lou... I can say that I don't dislike anyone here, but here are my interest. (this would of been good for high school, their was a lot of broads there I didn't like)

I am honored to be grouped with Jessica (PuppyLucy) who has a dog named Lucy. I'm LucyLou aka Faye who has a dog named Lucy, but often called LucyLou when she is being especially loving.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I don't see it as cliques as much as just "friends" and my list of "friends" from here grows every week or so...if not more often than that.

As far as the smilies and clapping go, I don't think that is always "friends" supporting "friends" or pre-planned support or whatever...I have clapped and applauded lots of people on here when I like what the had to say, regardless of who they are...
It just so happens, that the people that I have become "friends" with, we have more in common, think more along the same lines, etc...so maybe they get smilies/claps more than others.
And it just LOOKS like a clique or whatever...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jun 7 2005, 01:29 PM
I used to see cliques but I don't really see it much now. It used to be that I would see the same people's posts following one another on a controversial thread as if they had planned it all through PMs. I don't see that much now at all.

Obviously there are people who through PM-ing have become friends and they support each other on various issues. I think when there is a lot of use of the hand clapping smiley all by itself after a post, it gives the impression that we're teamed up and it can be hurtful to the poster. For some reason that is just the impression it gives me.

At this point in time, I truly don't see cliques here.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70129
[/QUOTE]

just kidding~! i thought everyone was all upset about cliques because i kept reading stuff about it

can we change the post title to getting to know everyone? hahah

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 7 2005, 01:43 PM
I guess I just dont have any friends...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70144
[/QUOTE]

Just wait until we meet up in Jersey...then you will have friends...isn't that what you said to me just a couple of days ago...

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 7 2005, 01:43 PM

[/QUOTE]
I'll be your friend!!
I'm right there with you though.. even though I've been on this forum a really long time and posted a lot I feel a little out of the loop and like I don't really "know" anyone on this forum. -_-

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Mystify79+Jun 7 2005, 01:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Jun 7 2005, 01:43 PM

I'll be your friend!!
I'm right there with you though.. even though I've been on this forum a really long time and posted a lot I feel a little out of the loop and like I don't really "know" anyone on this forum. -_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70150
[/B][/QUOTE]

awwwww

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79+Jun 7 2005, 01:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie

I'll be your friend!!
[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree I feel a litte out of the loop as well.
I promiss im not :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I only said that because I dont really talk to anyone on PM on a regular basis like everyone says they do... I thought I was the out cast.. haha

I dont want to get off subject on the thread sooo... how are we gonna start this thing?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by LucyLou@Jun 7 2005, 01:34 PM
I am honored to be grouped with Jessica (PuppyLucy) who has a dog named Lucy.  I'm LucyLou aka Faye who has a dog named Lucy, but often called LucyLou when she is being especially loving.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70135
[/QUOTE]

aww
you just made me feel really good, though if anyone should be honored it should be me

we call lucy lulu when she's being a good girl.. or little loo

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79+Jun 7 2005, 02:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie

I'll be your friend!!
[/B][/QUOTE]

I think the way people get to know each other is through PM-ing and email.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 7 2005, 01:52 PM
I dont want to get off subject on the thread sooo... how are we gonna start this thing?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70155
[/QUOTE]

thank you hahahaha i thought nobody liked the idea

how about whoever wants to participate can just pm me (it can be blank) and i'll give them another member to talk to? and then i'll start an 'interview' thread and we can post what we've learned, pictures, stories, etc

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Jun 7 2005, 01:54 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2005, 02:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie

I'll be your friend!!

[/QUOTE]

I think the way people get to know each other is through PM-ing and email.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70159
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes...and I think many of us have just pm'd each other about something we read on here...or something we found we have in common through a thread, and it just got started from there.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts