Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but I just had to share. One of the last pet stores that sells puppies in my areas shut down! They were in the big mall here in Boise. It was called Pet City, and they sold all different breeds of puppies. No doubt from mills. I don't go to the mall very often, so I don't know how long its been shut down, but I went yesterday and saw the sign posted on their door. "Due to the down economy, blah, blah, blah." So apparently not enough people were buying their overpriced sickly puppies anymore. There is only one store left in town that sells puppies. They are in the other mall in a different part of town, about 20 miles away. They usually only have about 5 or 6 pups, but still not a good thing. Well, I'm just thrilled that this place is gone...:chili: They never treated any animal well enough. They had parakeets in aquariums! I always thought that was weird.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
That is good news and a nice result from this weak economy!!! :chili::chili: We had one store close down, too. But, there still is another one open here. We have protested, put out flyers, and tried to educate the public about the mills behind the store. But, sadly, I've had some people tell me they don't care and just want a cute puppy that's convenient to buy. :angry:

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but I just had to share. One of the last pet stores that sells puppies in my areas shut down! They were in the big mall here in Boise. It was called Pet City, and they sold all different breeds of puppies. No doubt from mills. I don't go to the mall very often, so I don't know how long its been shut down, but I went yesterday and saw the sign posted on their door. "Due to the down economy, blah, blah, blah." So apparently not enough people were buying their overpriced sickly puppies anymore. There is only one store left in town that sells puppies. They are in the other mall in a different part of town, about 20 miles away. They usually only have about 5 or 6 pups, but still not a good thing. Well, I'm just thrilled that this place is gone...:chili: They never treated any animal well enough. They had parakeets in aquariums! I always thought that was weird.
Horaaaay! I can't think of another business I'd rather see put up a "Gone Out of Business" sign!

That is good news and a nice result from this weak economy!!! :chili::chili: We had one store close down, too. But, there still is another one open here. We have protested, put out flyers, and tried to educate the public about the mills behind the store. But, sadly, I've had some people tell me they don't care and just want a cute puppy that's convenient to buy. :angry:
That "convenience" comes at a price - when those genetic time bombs start going off and they spend more money on vet bills then groceries, I wonder if they'll make the connection their cute puppy came from a BYB, or puppy mill. :blink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts