Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this is kinda long but its a good story about our trip to the dr.. so if you have time read it all plezz....

well this morning rylee was not acting himself! he woke up at 800am where as he normally does at 700am and then he went potty outside FAST which isnt normal and then he peed A LOT in his crate (i saw it in the morning when i took him out of his crate and he was wet w/ pee and then i saw it on his pillow in his crate) anyways he didn't eat breakfast and hes normally a pig when it comes to food! lol and then he cryed in pain whenever you pick him up... so mom called the vet and he said to bring him in right now.. so we took him to the vet w/ no make up Pj's on and hair messed up and the DR. examined him and he had a fever of 102 and yesterday was 99 (99 is the normal one) and he examined him felling for where it hurts and he found a sysist and he said it was because that lady who gave him the shot.. i got SO MAD and i was watchin her yesterday and she didn't even clean the needle and then she pocked him w/ the shot and he cryed and she pulled it out and then put it back in in a diff spot and put the medicine in and she was new and no one was in ther watchin her to make sure she did it right and the dr was leik it was that darn girl and so they were gonna give him a shot of antibaotics and he goes well nvr mind.. give him the medicine i guess he figured he didn't need anymore shots! lol and anyways that lady doens't even know what shes doin and i told the dr. to fire her and omg she's so lucky she wasn't there today! lol anways he said that the medicine should help and the give it to him 2 times a day but the sysist CAN burst and make a hole in rylee and it would take a couple of weeks to heel so on the way home i started crying.. lol .. anyways that lady is NOT touching rylee again and they gave us everything for free exect the 20 or 30 dollar office vist.. so i j/ have to keep a eye on it

·
Registered
942 Posts
Wow, that sounds scary with the hole bursting and everything. It sucks when bad things happen to our little ones! I never get used to it ever. At least the doc knew what was wrong and you are doing something about it. It is great that you were so attentive and even noticed his change of routine and habits. :D

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Awww....poor Rylee...

Hope he is feeling better soon...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Happy to hear he is feeling better. It is so hard when these little ones aren't feeling well and they can't tell us what is wrong.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
um.. you should get a new vet. that guy sounds horrible. someone should have been watching that lady, and whether he likes it or not, it was his responsibility.

sorry to hear rylee's hurt
scary.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Poor Riley. I hope he feels better soon. I would too try to find another vet. Too bad you are in Pasadena (aren't you ?) I cannot recommend my vet to you, it's too far away.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Poor guy
So glad you were intuned to him to know something wasent right.I agree,Id be finding another vet.Hope he feels better very soon.

·
Registered
860 Posts
So sorry to hear about Rylee, how is he doing? I hope everything starts looking up for the little guy nothing makes us dog owners to feel so sad when our babies are sick. I wish him a speedy recovery . Let us know how he is feeling
Teaco

·
Registered
363 Posts
My Jack had a lump when he got a shot, but I was told that is normal and it will go away. Anyway, When Jill got her second puppy shots, she got real sick and was in pain when we tried to touch her. We took her back to the vet and they said give her tylenol for the pain from the shot. Well we insisted that they look at her again and then they gave her some prednesone cause she was having an allergic reaction. That pain is a classic symptom. They should have known that when we called in. Needless to say, we changed vets and now she is premedicated before all her vaccinations and she has no reaction. You might want to mention about the pain after the shot to your new vet.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I hope your little one feels better soon....good for you for being on top of his needs so quickly.

Susan

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rylee is doing great today! his cyist is barley there and that lady who did it got in trouble cuz she didn't tell n e one she was doin it (shes the new girl learning) and its not the dr. whos bad i think hes great but ts that lady cuz the other almost dr. was doing his worm thing to see if he has worms! and then she did it by herself so... anyways hes doin GREAT!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Glad he's feeling better!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts