Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aren't you proud of me? I did these from my computer. Thanks so much for helping me...you are a sweetie!!!!!

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Sweet pics :) he looks adorable in his little shirt.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much for all your comments. I have a story for you. When I found Rocky, or he found me....I was depressed and lonely. I have grown children with grandchildren whom I adore. I don't live far from them. They are getting bigger and busier with their lives. I was feeling left out, unneeded and without purpose. I have an auto immune disease and I am often not feeling well, which gets me down. I first saw Rocky in a pet store. I didn't want to go in...I was with a friend and she said she wanted to go in. When I saw him there, my heart melted. I didn't know about puppy mills or anything like that. My last pup was over 25 years ago and we got him from a breeder out of the newspaper. There was a big sign that said WE DONT USE PUPPY MILLS...We are a family business. I really didn't know what that meant, but thought ok, that must be good. I called my husband and asked if if I could buy him. He said NO< NO NO!!!! I held him for two hours and put him back in the arms of the salesgirl. I cried walking out of the store. I'm crying now...just thinking of it. When I got home, I got out of my car and my husband was there in the garage. He said, "If you really want this puppy, let's go get him." We called and we went back and got the love of my life....(besides my husband.) He's the best puppy in the world. I could not be happier with him. My depression is gone...I feel good and I take the best care of him. He's such a good puppy. He is loved by both my husband and I so much...we feel like he's our baby. I spoke to his breeder the other day...she said she was so happy that I was happy with him. She told me all about his parents. She's sending me pics of them and wants pics of Rocky. I don't know if she is a puppy mill or something like that and I don't want to know. But I do know now that I would be smarter the next time...do my research. Now that I have found SM, I feel like I would be able to make a better decision on where to get my pup from. But I wouldn't trade him for a million bucks....I'm serious...I love my Rocky, and want to thank all of you for being here for me and teaching me and being my friends. Dianne

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Thank you so much for all your comments. I have a story for you. When I found Rocky, or he found me....I was depressed and lonely. I have grown children with grandchildren whom I adore. I don't live far from them. They are getting bigger and busier with their lives. I was feeling left out, unneeded and without purpose. I have an auto immune disease and I am often not feeling well, which gets me down. I first saw Rocky in a pet store. I didn't want to go in...I was with a friend and she said she wanted to go in. When I saw him there, my heart melted. I didn't know about puppy mills or anything like that. My last pup was over 25 years ago and we got him from a breeder out of the newspaper. There was a big sign that said WE DONT USE PUPPY MILLS...We are a family business. I really didn't know what that meant, but thought ok, that must be good. I called my husband and asked if if I could buy him. He said NO< NO NO!!!! I held him for two hours and put him back in the arms of the salesgirl. I cried walking out of the store. I'm crying now...just thinking of it. When I got home, I got out of my car and my husband was there in the garage. He said, "If you really want this puppy, let's go get him." We called and we went back and got the love of my life....(besides my husband.) He's the best puppy in the world. I could not be happier with him. My depression is gone...I feel good and I take the best care of him. He's such a good puppy. He is loved by both my husband and I so much...we feel like he's our baby. I spoke to his breeder the other day...she said she was so happy that I was happy with him. She told me all about his parents. She's sending me pics of them and wants pics of Rocky. I don't know if she is a puppy mill or something like that and I don't want to know. But I do know now that I would be smarter the next time...do my research. Now that I have found SM, I feel like I would be able to make a better decision on where to get my pup from. But I wouldn't trade him for a million bucks....I'm serious...I love my Rocky, and want to thank all of you for being here for me and teaching me and being my friends. Dianne
Dianne, thanks for sharing the story with us :) I was really touched by it. I'm glad your husband came through for you and took up the responsibility of caring for and loving a dog. 2 hrs is not a long time to convince someone to get a dog(speaking from personal experience :p) Rocky needs you, and you need Rocky :D Thanks for being a part of SM and sharing your experiences!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks so much Sarah....I was kind of nervous posting it, but had to get it out to share with you all...I feel so comfortable here now...like it's home...for me and Rocky.

·
Registered
842 Posts
HAHHAA does that shirt say "Mr. Big"?? :HistericalSmiley:

So cute!
I tried to order a plain shirt for Nelson to make a (you know those Mr. Men characters) Mr. Busy on it...because that's what he is!! But it was way too small :angry:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
thanks for sharing ur story dianne! i think rocky is gorgeous and i know how u feel about him being the baby ..

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Rocky's mom - I posted too soon before and didn't see your story - OMG that is so sweet - You know I can relate - My mom and I both suffer from Auto Immune disieases With me it's hypothyroidism and my mom has RA which is pretty bad and she sometimes gets depressed too - well, let me tell you as I've mentioned on the boards my mom furbabysits while I'm at work and it's amazing what good it's doing her. I guess it's the fact that this little thing needs you so you have to react and also it gives you so much love back - it's really amazing how therapeutic these little furballs can be. I am so in love with mine already...I need to keep myself in check b/c I don't want him to be too dependant on me but I go gaga at the way he reacts when I come home.
P.S. You're married to a good chap. My hubby didn't want him either just b/c the timing wasn't perfect for our fam. but now the first thing he does is ask me how our little furbaby is when he calls me from work. These little things could really melt any heart.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts