Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never posted pics before so I hope these work. I went to the Sacramento show yesterday. This was my first time at a large dog show before so I was amazed. I had a really great time. I met Marina, Stacy's daughter. They both answered my silly questions like what a belly band is for and all those fun things. If the pics work maybe Stacy can help me out by providing the names/breeder's of these lovely ones.

Oh, by the way...I fell in love with Lucy. but i guess we all love lucy right?
-Maggie

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Great pictures thank you for sharing. It's always fun to see who is at the shows.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
I've never posted pics before so I hope these work. I went to the Sacramento show yesterday. This was my first time at a large dog show before so I was amazed. I had a really great time. I met Marina, Stacy's daughter. They both answered my silly questions like what a belly band is for and all those fun things. If the pics work maybe Stacy can help me out by providing the names/breeder's of these lovely ones.

Oh, by the way...I fell in love with Lucy. but i guess we all love lucy right?
-Maggie

This is the Open Bitch class
Left to right
RICHELIEU'S POWDERED SUGAR. TR 85243301. 05-15-08
By Ch Richelieu's Sugar Smacks - Funny Ladies Richelieu LadyII.
Owner: Pat Keen Fernandes., Knightsen, CA 945480119. Breeder: Judy McQuiston & Pat Keen Fernandes.

SUN ISLE'S KISS ME KATE. TR 88355201. 03-07-09
(5 Points) By Ch Rhapsody's SnoCapped Thrills - Sun Isle's Fallen Angel.
Owner: Liz Flewellen & Bybil Rowe., Sanger, TX 762662681. Breeder: Liz Flewellen.
(Pat Keen Fernandes, Agent).

PRISTINE'S MAD ABOUT U. TR 79711302. 08-30-08
By Ch Naysmith Electrique Maximized - Pristine's Lil Dreamer.
Owner: Christine Ngan., Tracy, CA 953764902. Breeder: Christine Ngan.

This is competing for Winners bitch
Left to right
SUN ISLE'S KISS ME KATE. TR 88355201. 03-07-09
(5 Points) By Ch Rhapsody's SnoCapped Thrills - Sun Isle's Fallen Angel.
Owner: Liz Flewellen & Bybil Rowe., Sanger, TX 762662681. Breeder: Liz Flewellen.
(Pat Keen Fernandes, Agent).

STARHILL RICHELIEU KISS ME QUICK. TR 92307201. 06-01-09
By Ch Maltangel Rejoice And Be Glad - Ch Richelieu-Starhill Front Page News.
Owner: Kristina Hill & Karen Hill., Sacramento, CA 958165402. Breeder: Pat Keen-Fernandes & Kristina Hill.
(half sister to Lois)

STARHILL RICHELIEU LOOK AT ME I'M FANCY. TR 92307202. 06-01-09
By Ch Maltangel Rejoice And Be Glad - Ch Richelieu-Starhill Front Page News.
Owner: Kristina Hill & Karen Hill., Sacramento, CA 958165402. Breeder: Kristina Hill & Pat Keen Fernades.

and then last is Emma
BELLARATA'S GLEE BY DESIGN. TR 90025601. 09-14-09
By Ch Delcost Marc By Design - Ch Midis Queen Of The Nile.
Owner: Stacy Nagatani & Marina Nagatani., Visalia, CA 932775538. Breeder: Stacy Nagatani & Marina Nagatani.

The first girl in this pic won the 5 pt major

I think this is Tino (who won the toy group!)
CH RICHELIEU'S SUGAR RUSH. TR 80298504. 08-08-08
130 dogs defeated By Ch Richelieu Sugar Smack - Richelieu's Our Glory. Dog.
Owner: Alejandro Escipta & Judy E McQuiston & Pat Keen Fernand., Knightsen, CA 945480119. Breeder: Owners.

Not sure

Not sure

A scruffy messy Emma (Bellarata's Glee by Design)

Marina winning her class in Junior Showmanship

Maggie holding a scruffy, dirty Lucy (the floors at this show were AWFUL!

And this is the cute little
10 RICHELIEU SNOW DANCER. TR 930641. 07-30-09
By Ch Stardust Obsession - Richelieu's Moonstruck.
Owner: Peggy Gregson & Pat Keen Fernandes., Carmichael, CA 956084538. Breeder: Pat Keen Fernandes.
She is a little doll!

GREAT time meeting you maggie! And you got to see a maltese win the toy group - that is always a good thing!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Awesome photos! :) I would love to attend a show one day.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
For those of you that want to attend shows near you. Go on www.akc.org and on the left under Events and Awards- pick your state and calendar and look for a AB ( all breed) show near you Generally there is a parking fee OR an entry fee per person- although most of the shows in FL just charge for parking. Some shows are outdoors and some are indoors. Some allow pet dogs, some do not.

Shows are run by different show agencies MB-F,and Onofrio are the 2 I know best. Since I am a novice in showing I am sure some of these other ladies can give more info. I try to post when the ringtime is for Maltese because some of my dear friends on here like to come watch. I love going into the grooming area and just watching- some of the get-up set-ups and space suits (to keep them pristine) some of the dogs wear are hilarious. I have a new found appreciation for dog handlers and owner handlers too. If you go to the Superintenents desk at the show or nearby they sell a book with all of the entries listed- and their ages/parents/owner etc- ask a steward ( they wear name tags and help the judges) to explain the book to you, they are very helpful. Ask for the help before or after they are done in the ring.

BTW Loved the great PIX

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
For those of you that want to attend shows near you. Go on www.akc.org and on the left under Events and Awards- pick your state and calendar and look for a AB ( all breed) show near you Generally there is a parking fee OR an entry fee per person- although most of the shows in FL just charge for parking. Some shows are outdoors and some are indoors. Some allow pet dogs, some do not.

Shows are run by different show agencies MB-F,and Onofrio are the 2 I know best. Since I am a novice in showing I am sure some of these other ladies can give more info. I try to post when the ringtime is for Maltese because some of my dear friends on here like to come watch. I love going into the grooming area and just watching- some of the get-up set-ups and space suits (to keep them pristine) some of the dogs wear are hilarious. I have a new found appreciation for dog handlers and owner handlers too. If you go to the Superintenents desk at the show or nearby they sell a book with all of the entries listed- and their ages/parents/owner etc- ask a steward ( they wear name tags and help the judges) to explain the book to you, they are very helpful. Ask for the help before or after they are done in the ring.

BTW Loved the great PIX

Oh i never think to look on the AKC site! I always look on Infodog
The search by state page is very helpful!
InfoDog AKC Dog Show Information - Search by State

1 - 12 of 12 Posts