Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My precious Sprite passed away on July 12. She was diagnosed with CHF only two weeks before. It seems that a cord in her heart ruptured suddenly, so the initial symptoms came on out of the blue.... she was ok earlier in the day and having difficulty breathing in the evening. She spent 4 days in an oxygen cage at the emergency vet. When she came home on meds she seemed in good spirits, but two weeks later, she was having difficulty breathing again. I rushed her to the emergency vet, but she died in my arms in the car on the way there. It was traumatic, but I am glad that I was holding her and loving her when she passed. She was my heart dog and I will love her and miss her every day of my life.

My first reaction to losing Sprite was no more dogs... too painful. But I miss her so much that I asked her to find me another dog to be my companion. So welcome Milo. Milo is 5 years old and almost 10 pounds. Milo came from AMAR. I have to thank Sue for letting me know about Milo once I filled out the application to adopt. I've only had him a few days, so we're still getting to know each other, but I can tell he's a great fit for me. 💙 Milo .jpg

·
Premium Member
17,550 Posts
❤ I am SO happy with you Debbie! We all loved Sprite from way, way back. . . "she did good to send you Milo, via Sue." I hope we can grow to love him too, w/you here.

Reactions: jane and addison

·
Super Moderator
9,719 Posts
I am sorry at your loss. Milo is a little doll. I am so glad Sue was able to find a match for you so quickly.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss of Sprite! I remember her from the old days. Bless Sue for bringing Milo into your life. He is so cute! (((Hugs))))

·
Premium Member
10,195 Posts
My precious Sprite passed away on July 12. She was diagnosed with CHF only two weeks before. It seems that a cord in her heart ruptured suddenly, so the initial symptoms came on out of the blue.... she was ok earlier in the day and having difficulty breathing in the evening. She spent 4 days in an oxygen cage at the emergency vet. When she came home on meds she seemed in good spirits, but two weeks later, she was having difficulty breathing again. I rushed her to the emergency vet, but she died in my arms in the car on the way there. It was traumatic, but I am glad that I was holding her and loving her when she passed. She was my heart dog and I will love her and miss her every day of my life.

My first reaction to losing Sprite was no more dogs... too painful. But I miss her so much that I asked her to find me another dog to be my companion. So welcome Milo. Milo is 5 years old and almost 10 pounds. Milo came from AMAR. I have to thank Sue for letting me know about Milo once I filled out the application to adopt. I've only had him a few days, so we're still getting to know each other, but I can tell he's a great fit for me. 💙 View attachment 274725

·
Premium Member
10,195 Posts
Dearest Debbie,

My heart and deepest condolences goes out to you with the loss of your beloved Sprite.

My Snowball, too, had suffered from a heart attack and due to a ruptured cord ... so, I can deeply relate to what you have gone through. I have been blessed that Snowball and I have been given the gift to still be together ... however, I am keenly aware how ... in an instant things can change for the worst. So, along with my blessings I am always reminded, ... that I could lose him without any warning. My only wish is that I am blessed, like you have been ... to be able to hold Snowball in my arms ... and, to kiss him and hold him ... as his loving and angelic spirit rises up into Heaven. I do believe our fluff baby angels are already angels here on earth, that are here to help teach us important lessons. With that ...

I am so, so happy that our Earth Angel Sue ... was able to help bring light back into your life. Milo is adorable and I am sure he can help bring you much needed peace, comfort, and joy. May you enjoy many years of happy and joyful moments with sweet Milo.

And, may you be blessed in knowing ... that your beloved sweet Angel Sprite, is there with you, in spirit, surrounding your heart and you ... with everlasting love.

Sending you love and hugs ...
Marie

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Debbie,
I am so sorry to read about your sudden loss of Sprite. Abella is my first "heart dog" so I have not had to walk the path you and so many others here on SM have had to walk. I can't even imagine how very very painful & difficult that day will be. I am sorry you had to go through this - My heart goes out to you and I pray you are healing day by day. I am happy to read you now have adopted adorable little Milo - what a cutie. I know he will fill your home with lots of love, sweet kisses, tail wags and tons of new memories. I am looking forward to hearing many stories about him in the future.
🐶 🐾🌻

"A home without a dog is just a house"

·
Premium Member
24,022 Posts
Debbie - I'm doing a lot of thinking back today. I just saw Walter's post about Lucky and then I was thinking about Sprite and meeting you when you had met Sprite and saying that's the Maltese you really wanted. And then Mary made that wish come true. I know how much you adored her and remember our times together with her especially at Pat's puppy parties and the pier. The worst part of loving a dog so much is losing them. She knew that she was the center of your universe.

When you wrote me how lonely you were with no dogs at home and did we have any rescues available in AMAR, I kept thinking that Milo may just be the one for you. And in NJ no less! He needed someone loving and patient and caring and I knew that you're all that and more. I really think it was meant to be. He's as cute as can be and I think he will just blossom into a wonderful, sweet fun boy as he fits in and knows the routine and what's expected of him. I can't imagine a better home for him. Thank you so much for adopting. <3

·
Registered
124 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your Sprite but glad to hear you have found a new baby to love!

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Debbie I am so sorry. I remember when you got Sprite, it seems like yesterday
I'm so glad she went home to Heaven's Rainbow Bridge in your arms, I would have loved that so with my Matilda
I hate CHF, it can happen so quick
I had my Matilda one moment within a hour she was gone.
I wasn't prepared, I guess we never are
I'm so glad you found little Milo, I hope he heals your heart the was Geneva has mine

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dearest Debbie,

My heart and deepest condolences goes out to you with the loss of your beloved Sprite.

My Snowball, too, had suffered from a heart attack and due to a ruptured cord ... so, I can deeply relate to what you have gone through. I have been blessed that Snowball and I have been given the gift to still be together ... however, I am keenly aware how ... in an instant things can change for the worst. So, along with my blessings I am always reminded, ... that I could lose him without any warning. My only wish is that I am blessed, like you have been ... to be able to hold Snowball in my arms ... and, to kiss him and hold him ... as his loving and angelic spirit rises up into Heaven. I do believe our fluff baby angels are already angels here on earth, that are here to help teach us important lessons. With that ...

I am so, so happy that our Earth Angel Sue ... was able to help bring light back into your life. Milo is adorable and I am sure he can help bring you much needed peace, comfort, and joy. May you enjoy many years of happy and joyful moments with sweet Milo.

And, may you be blessed in knowing ... that your beloved sweet Angel Sprite, is there with you, in spirit, surrounding your heart and you ... with everlasting love.

Sending you love and hugs ...
Marie
Thank you, Marie.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts