Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #21
Debbie,
I am so sorry to read about your sudden loss of Sprite. Abella is my first "heart dog" so I have not had to walk the path you and so many others here on SM have had to walk. I can't even imagine how very very painful & difficult that day will be. I am sorry you had to go through this - My heart goes out to you and I pray you are healing day by day. I am happy to read you now have adopted adorable little Milo - what a cutie. I know he will fill your home with lots of love, sweet kisses, tail wags and tons of new memories. I am looking forward to hearing many stories about him in the future.
馃惗 馃惥馃尰

"A home without a dog is just a house"
Thank you.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #23
Debbie - I'm doing a lot of thinking back today. I just saw Walter's post about Lucky and then I was thinking about Sprite and meeting you when you had met Sprite and saying that's the Maltese you really wanted. And then Mary made that wish come true. I know how much you adored her and remember our times together with her especially at Pat's puppy parties and the pier. The worst part of loving a dog so much is losing them. She knew that she was the center of your universe.

When you wrote me how lonely you were with no dogs at home and did we have any rescues available in AMAR, I kept thinking that Milo may just be the one for you. And in NJ no less! He needed someone loving and patient and caring and I knew that you're all that and more. I really think it was meant to be. He's as cute as can be and I think he will just blossom into a wonderful, sweet fun boy as he fits in and knows the routine and what's expected of him. I can't imagine a better home for him. Thank you so much for adopting. <3
I miss Sprite so much. She was a very special little girl. Milo is also a special boy and I love him so much already. Thank you for all of your help in getting Milo into my life.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #26
Debbie I am so sorry. I remember when you got Sprite, it seems like yesterday
I'm so glad she went home to Heaven's Rainbow Bridge in your arms, I would have loved that so with my Matilda
I hate CHF, it can happen so quick
I had my Matilda one moment within a hour she was gone.
I wasn't prepared, I guess we never are
I'm so glad you found little Milo, I hope he heals your heart the was Geneva has mine
Thank you!

Premium Member
My precious Sprite passed away on July 12. She was diagnosed with CHF only two weeks before. It seems that a cord in her heart ruptured suddenly, so the initial symptoms came on out of the blue.... she was ok earlier in the day and having difficulty breathing in the evening. She spent 4 days in an oxygen cage at the emergency vet. When she came home on meds she seemed in good spirits, but two weeks later, she was having difficulty breathing again. I rushed her to the emergency vet, but she died in my arms in the car on the way there. It was traumatic, but I am glad that I was holding her and loving her when she passed. She was my heart dog and I will love her and miss her every day of my life.

My first reaction to losing Sprite was no more dogs... too painful. But I miss her so much that I asked her to find me another dog to be my companion. So welcome Milo. Milo is 5 years old and almost 10 pounds. Milo came from AMAR. I have to thank Sue for letting me know about Milo once I filled out the application to adopt. I've only had him a few days, so we're still getting to know each other, but I can tell he's a great fit for me. 馃挋 View attachment 274725
So sorry for your loss, but so glad that Sprite found you a replacement. My Molly passed in 2015 under similar circumstances. Two years after she passed, I asked her to find me a pup and she did. So glad AMAR could help you!

Lainie

Premium Member
Debbie when I commented on Milo鈥檚 picture on FB I had no idea you had just lost your precious Sprite. I鈥檓 so very sorry. I remember Sprite when you first got her years ago. What a beautiful girl she was. We were all smitten with her.
Yes, you will miss her each day but she lives in your heart now. Milo will help ease your pain. He is such a cutie.
Hugs and love.

Registered
Sprite was lucky to have such a loving mom. Even though its hard to be there at the end, I'm sure she preferred that than being in a scary room with the vet. Sending my condolences and best wishes from California <3 Milo is so cute! congratulations :)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #31
Debbie when I commented on Milo鈥檚 picture on FB I had no idea you had just lost your precious Sprite. I鈥檓 so very sorry. I remember Sprite when you first got her years ago. What a beautiful girl she was. We were all smitten with her.
Yes, you will miss her each day but she lives in your heart now. Milo will help ease your pain. He is such a cutie.
Hugs and love.
Thank you.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #32
Sprite was lucky to have such a loving mom. Even though its hard to be there at the end, I'm sure she preferred that than being in a scary room with the vet. Sending my condolences and best wishes from California <3 Milo is so cute! congratulations :)
Thank you.

Registered
So sorry to hear about your baby sprite, remember all your beautiful treasured memories, and so happy you have another baby to try to mend your heart and make beautiful new memories with Milo in your heart. 馃惥

21 - 34 of 34 Posts