Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so very touched by the stories I am hearing about the tsunami victims that I find myself tearing up a lot lately. I just heard that the villagers who have been devastated by the horrible tsunami came together to save stranded dolphins. The dolphins were washed inland to a pond and the villagers/people pulled together and brought one back out to sea. I find this amazing as for as much devastation as these people are feeling...death, no food, no clean water, no house....they are rescuing stranded animals.
It just chokes me up. I am just so...so upset and saddened by the stories and footage I see. A 21 day old baby found alive and fine...his parents dead. How in creation did this baby make it and the parents didn't? Fortunately for this little babe, he'll have no memory of the "big wave" or losing his parents but I am sure the stories he will learn years from now will effect him for life. It is very hard for me to watch these things. Isn't it sad that we sit and complain about small things when all of this is going on? It's all about perspective. I'm gaining it every day.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Jan 5 2005, 08:07 AM
I am so very touched by the stories I am hearing about the tsunami victims that I find myself tearing up a lot lately. I just heard that the villagers who have been devastated by the horrible tsunami came together to save stranded dolphins. The dolphins were washed inland to a pond and the villagers/people pulled together and brought one back out to sea.  I find this amazing as for as much devastation as these people are feeling...death, no food, no clean water, no house....they are rescuing stranded animals. 
  It just chokes me up. I am just so...so upset and saddened by the stories and footage I see. A 21 day old baby found alive and fine...his parents dead. How in creation did this baby make it and the parents didn't? Fortunately for this little babe, he'll have no memory of the "big wave" or losing his parents but I am sure the stories he will learn years from now will effect him for life.  It is very hard for me to watch these things. Isn't it sad that we sit and complain about small things when all of this is going on? It's all about perspective. I'm gaining it every day.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27767
[/QUOTE]

I also find myself to be very choked up when I hear stories. Some of the stories I have heard are just heartbreaking.
The other day I heard an interesting story... I guess there is much to say about animal instinct. I guess a lot of animals were acting strange in the days before and many dogs/cats that were able to ran inland... I guess the number of dead animals is like 15% of what it could have been had they not gone inland.

I just found it interesting....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Jan 5 2005, 08:07 AM
I am so very touched by the stories I am hearing about the tsunami victims that I find myself tearing up a lot lately. I just heard that the villagers who have been devastated by the horrible tsunami came together to save stranded dolphins. The dolphins were washed inland to a pond and the villagers/people pulled together and brought one back out to sea.  I find this amazing as for as much devastation as these people are feeling...death, no food, no clean water, no house....they are rescuing stranded animals. 
  It just chokes me up. I am just so...so upset and saddened by the stories and footage I see. A 21 day old baby found alive and fine...his parents dead. How in creation did this baby make it and the parents didn't? Fortunately for this little babe, he'll have no memory of the "big wave" or losing his parents but I am sure the stories he will learn years from now will effect him for life.  It is very hard for me to watch these things. Isn't it sad that we sit and complain about small things when all of this is going on? It's all about perspective. I'm gaining it every day.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27767
[/QUOTE]

I had not heard either of those stories that you mentioned. There comes a time when I have to turn off my news. I just can't watch any more. I know it is probably selfish when those people live with it every day when they wake up...but it hurts too badly to watch all the coverage they are showing.

I agree about the perspective.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
It is sooo soo sad. I have been watching Good Morning America every morning (except this one I slept in today) and Diane has been covering from over there. They had a woman who was drifting in sea for a week ate fruit and tree bark to stay a live that they had just found. It is so amazingly sad, and so touching how they all stick together. They showed a island that was a village and now has one building kind of standing. Anyway it had a highschool on it. The teacher was looking out the window and saw the wave come and evacuated all the students to a higher ground, all the students lived, but their familys didnt. So now they are all on the mainland as orphans.
Have you seen the moive The Day After Tomorrow, anyway we watched it last night, it totally made me think of these poor people and made it hit closer to home.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Jan 5 2005, 12:31 PM
  Have you seen the moive The Day After Tomorrow, anyway we watched it last night, it totally made me think of these poor people and made it hit closer to home.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27807
[/QUOTE]

ME TOO!!!!!!! All I can think is that there is going to be a major shift in climate...

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
My mother went to a friends house last night to hear this professer speak about all the deasters and the end of the world. I havent had a chance to talk to her about it yet... but i will ASAP!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I just heard on the Nashville news of a waitress that is donating all of her tips to the Tsunami Relief and her employer is going to match it!
They said many of the other businesses were doing the same and matching any donations given by their employees! That is SO wonderful!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Gosh, if this would only have been available sooner.....

"Israeli Company Offers Tsunami Warning Device to South Asia
An Israeli company plans to distribute a tsunami warning device free of charge to the south Asian countries hit by last week's disaster, Reuters reported. Experts have blamed the lack of a warning system in the Indian Ocean for countless deaths in the tsunami. The Israeli system, developed by Avtipus Patents and Inventions Ltd., relies on tiny sensors that measure seismic activity and wave motions. It can send tsunami alerts in seconds to governments and to the cell phones and pagers of private subscribers. Israel has already sent medical teams and large quantities of aid to the areas most affected by the disaster. On Monday, India said it is using unmanned aerial vehicles made in Israel to search for tsunami survivors."

·
Registered
755 Posts
I was reading this article in japanese msn. Anyways, a lot of kids(who lost their both parents)are missing(kidnapped) by some kind of sicko group who is selling these poor kids to other country for prostitution. People are taking advantage of this poor kids for a profits!!!! That's SICK!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lani@Jan 5 2005, 10:29 PM
I was reading this article in japanese msn. Anyways, a lot of kids(who lost their both parents)are missing(kidnapped) by some kind of sicko group who is selling these poor kids to other country for prostitution. People are taking advantage of this poor kids for a profits!!!! That's SICK!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27922
[/QUOTE]

:eek: SO sick!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by Lani@Jan 5 2005, 10:29 PM

[/QUOTE]
HORRIBLE!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Lani@Jan 5 2005, 09:29 PM

[/QUOTE]
OH MY GOSH, that is SO SICK!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by Lani@Jan 5 2005, 11:29 PM

[/QUOTE]

I just saw this on the news last night and I was horrified. These kids are being raped and sold for slavey and as sex toys. What a horrible thing to do at a time like this. I just can't believe people like this exist in this world.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella+Jan 6 2005, 10:53 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lani
@Jan 5 2005, 11:29 PM

I just saw this on the news last night and I was horrified. These kids are being raped and sold for slavey and as sex toys. What a horrible thing to do at a time like this. I just can't believe people like this exist in this world.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27991
[/B][/QUOTE]

AS IF these children NEEDED something else to ruin their lives right now!!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Jan 6 2005, 12:24 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2005, 10:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lani

[/QUOTE]

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28005
[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. There was a story of an American boy that lost his parents and the grandfather went looking for the boy. Apparently, the boy was treated in a hospital and released and no one has seen him since so are sure that he's one of the kids that has been kidnapped. How sad.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella+Jan 6 2005, 11:30 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2005, 10:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lani

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28005
I agree. There was a story of an American boy that lost his parents and the grandfather went looking for the boy. Apparently, the boy was treated in a hospital and released and no one has seen him since so are sure that he's one of the kids that has been kidnapped. How sad.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28008
[/B][/QUOTE]

I heard that too....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts