Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No, she isn't mine. My friend Elaine just got back from picking up her new 13 week old Long Coat Chihuahua. She hopes to show this little girl, so we've got our fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong in the next several months.

Her name is Tiki
View attachment 87673

The dark coloring around her eyes is actually her hair - it looks like staining, but I'm pretty sure it's not. Chihuahua's coloring changes somewhat as they mature. So it'll be interesting to see how she turns out.
View attachment 87674

Here she is with new new big sister, Maya
View attachment 87675

This is a harness vest made for a ferret - it's VERY TINY.
View attachment 87676

We're trying to decide on a name to register her.... on thought is:

Hi C's Lil' Shrimp, Hawaiian Style (call name Tiki)

any other thoughts for a name???

This little girl is just over 1 lb. She actually makes Ava look really BIG! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Wow, she's entirely adorable!

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Pat! You got me - I was thinking "another one!!! That lucky duck!!!" LOL

Tiki is just adorable! She's so cute in her ferret vest - I had no idea they made clothes for ferrets!

Like the name y'all have already picked out.

Linda

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
oh I LOVE Tiki!! She's adorable! good luck to Elaine on showing her.
I'm so happy to see Miss Maya too!! She's such a beauty. Please post photos of Tiki as she grows up- I would love to see them!!!

(I used to have a long hair chihuahua a long time ago and I'll always love those little doggies).

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
How about Hi C's Aloha Tiny Tiki? I love the name Tiki and it goes well with Maya. She a sweet lil thing.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Tell Elaine congrats for mom and I. We have so enjoyed seeing her at the shows. So when are you both going to be at another show? Any chance you are coming down to MD in July?

No, she isn't mine. My friend Elaine just got back from picking up her new 13 week old Long Coat Chihuahua. She hopes to show this little girl, so we've got our fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong in the next several months.

This little girl is just over 1 lb. She actually makes Ava look really BIG! :HistericalSmiley:
Isn't it funny how perspective changes depending on the dogs you are around?My Cloud used to seem so small to me and he was probably the size of your Archie. Because Cadeau is the biggest in my current household it is hard to believe he is a good bit smaller than Cloud was.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for looking at her. She's soooo adorable and already paper trained! What a good puppy.

Brit, I like your name suggestion, I'll relay it to Elaine today.

A while back I had made a list of names and was honored that she loved it! She carries the list around with her and looks at it a lot, LOL. And she had chosen the, Lil'Shrimp, Hawaiian Style (Tiki) name from that list.....cool. LOL, she even showed the list to her breeder :blush:. The name is a BIG thing!! Aloha...hummmmm......yes....good...

And Carina, glad you saw these pics!!! Elaine is so excited about and in love with this new baby. :wub:. But....ummmm, she came right here when she got back (in the motor home)......and hasn't quite told her husband about the new addition yet.....:w00t:. Oh well, he'll know soon enough :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Woohoo!!! What an adorable little puppy!! :wub::wub::wub:

1 pound!! Wow!! :wub:How big is Tiki supposed to get?

Elaine must be in puppy heaven!! Good luck to her showing Tiki!

How is the personality of long-haired Chi's? They are soooo cute!!

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Woohoo!!! What an adorable little puppy!! :wub::wub::wub:

1 pound!! Wow!! :wub:How big is Tiki supposed to get?

Elaine must be in puppy heaven!! Good luck to her showing Tiki!

How is the personality of long-haired Chi's? They are soooo cute!!

Well I know two people who have long coat Chi's - and they are both GREAT dogs. They're adorable, agile, funny and loveable - and hardly any grooming at all!!!! Tiki should be around 3 lbs - she doesn't intend to breed so she likes them on the smaller side. I think my next dog just might be a long coat chi. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts