Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I don't understand. Is he supposed to be "typing to learn" or drawing pictures during the computer class?

Based on my experience with two daughters who are in college/graduated from college, I would urge you to listen to the whole story from the teacher before you start asking questions or taking sides. Once you've heard his/her story then start asking questions of both the teacher and your child to try and get to the bottom of the thing. My girls didn't lie to me, but it was interesting how often they left out one key piece of info when telling a story. Sometimes I had to ask a lot of questions before the entire story came out.

PS. They are 20 and 22, have never gotten in any trouble, and still omit a piece of the story if it favors them. LOL

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I'm not a K-12 educator; I'm a parent. I believe that parents should be advocates for their children. When asked for opinions, the consensus was that a parent should LISTEN to all sides of the story before jumping to conclusions or takings sides. I still believe that this should be the first step in resolution of conflict. To my knowledge, this step was not taken. I would be very curious to hear the outcome of that conference.

I also believe that thoughtful discussion and sometimes disagreement is healthy. To get mad when one feels they are not feeling supported is childish. Sorry. Don't ask for opinions and then get mad when there is disagreement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.