Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bernadette goes wild as soon as I bring the vacuum out of the back room! She'll chase it around and scare the poo out of herself.

Anyone else's fluffs terrified by household appliances?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Spookie goes nutso too. Chases it, barks the whole time, bites it, wears her silly self out!

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
Nope, Boo & Hannah are so comfy around the vacuum cleaner they won't even move out of it's way. I have to shoo them out of my path.

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
Tessa ignores it but Sweetness hides in the bathroom behind the toilet whenever the vacuum comes out. Good thing I don't clean very often!

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Neither one of my girls is afraid of the vacuum. I have to shoo them out of the way, too. My Lily sometimes walks with me as I vacuum like she is trying to "help".:blush:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Nope. He even will climb on top of it. And he will supervise if I do a good job vacuuming. :HistericalSmiley:But he does not trust my ironing steamer.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Cosy buries herself under a blanket on the sofa when the monster vac is on the loose.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Tiffany is terrified of the vacuum. She hides whenever I get it out. If it's sitting around in the hallway and she has to walk past it, she shoves herself up against the opposite wall and runs, giving it the stink-eye the entire time. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Our current Maltese ignores it, but our last Maltese totally freaked out when we vacuumed. He would try to attack it, biting at it and everything.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My malt is so afraid of the vacume that as soon as I turn it on she panicks and goes running under our kitchen table. :w00t:

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Cody is afraid of loud noises, such as, thunderstorms and fireworks, and motorcycles. But, loud appliances and equipment don't bother him at all. In fact, he stands in my way if the vacuum comes out. :p Mandy on the other hand doesn't have any fear with loud noises, but, hates the vacuum. She runs and hides. It's her only fear. Josey could care less, nothing seems to bother her. It's funny how they are all so quirky in their own cute ways. Hubby says Cody practically stands right in front of the loud leaf blower and mower too. :huh:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice to know Bernie's not alone in her fear, she definitely wears herself out too! I love the image of a dog pressing themselves up against the opposite wall when they walk past a vacuum, reminds me of some of my clients' phobias. Poor things...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts