Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a ton of snow and since my DH had his surgery, he was told not to shovel... so that left my daughter and I to deal with this mess on our own. :w00t: I had gone out a few times last night, but the blowing snow made it look like I had done nothing.

We worked all morning and it looked like we were getting nowhere. I was really getting upset. Then a pick-up truck drove by and stopped and backed up. The driver asked if we could use some help cleaning up and of course we said yes. The man said that he'd be right back. About a half an hour later he came back with another man. They had 2 snowblowers and shovels and brooms with them. They cleaned out my driveway, cleaned off my cars, and finished cleaning my sidewalk!!!!! Turns out they live right around the block from us. The man said that my daughter and I looked overwhelmed by all the snow and so he decided to help us. I can't believe how nice they were to do that for us! The other man even gave me his business card and said to call him if we need any more help with the snow!!!

So... there are still some caring people in the world... and who knows maybe 2011 will be a good year after all!!!

Here are some pics of our snow!!!

This snow drift is bigger than the boys!

snow1.jpg

You can see that the road is still snow-covered. My DH needed gas, so we went to the gas station a few blocks away in town and the roads are an absolute mess. They're a sheet of ice and barely plowed!!

snow2.jpg

And, this is my favorite tree. It's huge and looks so pretty in the snow.

snow4.jpg

Thanks for looking!! Stay safe and warm!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Attachments

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
There truly are angels among us... that's so heartwarming!!!! :)

Your pics are gorgeous, but now I think instead of being disappointed we didn't get a dusting of snow for a white Christmas here in Vegas (we got a bunch on Mt Charleston), I am grateful with what we have... stay safe and warm xoxoxo

·
Premium Member
10,199 Posts
I'm so happy for you, Debbie. That was wonderful for your neighbors to come along and help you shovel the snow and clean off the cars. And, yes, there are a lot of caring people out there in this world ... it's even better when they come into our lives when we least expect it.

·
Premium Member
24,025 Posts
Debbie - you soooo deserved that good samaritan :chili::chili: How great to have them come to the rescue. Really restores our faith in our fellow man.:wub::wub: You really got hit by the storm.:w00t: but I love those pix. What a great tree - it reminds me of the Rockefeller Center one -- the same type of drooping branches. Don't know what type of evergreen it is but it just feels regal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
that is soo sweet!!! Good for you Debbie! You deserve it!

·
Premium Member
20,056 Posts
Deb, what a wonderful surprise!!!!!!! Too bad there are more of those kind of people around. before I moved here I had a neighbor who would always clear my driveway.....not anymore though. People either won't help or want an arm and a leg for their time.

I shoved for hours today, almost got done and a neighbor offered the help of their friends who came by to help them out. So finally after the entire day I got the help I needed so desperately. ....I did pay them, but way less than others around here want. :aktion033: Gives you a whole new perspective on the snow. Almost makes it...pretty.... :innocent::p

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
It is wonderful when things like this happen in our lives. What great neighbors you have. :chili:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts