Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night Pipper got real quiet and only wanted to lay in his bed and he kept shaking. It was raining out so I thought that maybe he heard thunder and was scared of that. Finally he calmed down and fell asleep. Now it's morning and he's still shaking. He must be in some kind of pain. He's still eating but not with the enthusiasm he usually shows, I will call the vet as soon as they open at 8:00 a.m. I'm worried sick. My mind has this awful habit of thinking the worst. He's the most important thing in the world to me. Please send prayers for my boy.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,906 Posts
Did he eat anything different yesterday, could he gotten into medication, a topical or make-up. Good luck and let us know what the vet says.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did he eat anything different yesterday, could he gotten into medication, a topical or make-up. Good luck and let us know what the vet says.
No he doesn't eat anything different and he didn't get into anything. The vet is all booked up so I have to drop him off at 10:00 and leave him there and they will look at him in between appointments. It will break my heart leaving him. He seems a bit perkier right now, but he's not his normal self. I wish he could talk.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,906 Posts
People are starting to fertilizer and spray lawns, could he gotten onto a lawn. Does he have dental issues or patella issues. For it to come pn so suddenly, I would water it was something he git into or something he strained, injured. What about his stones, any signs they have returned? Good luck.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
People are starting to fertilizer and spray lawns, could he gotten onto a lawn. Does he have dental issues or patella issues. For it to come pn so suddenly, I would water it was something he git into or something he strained, injured. What about his stones, any signs they have returned? Good luck.
No he wouldn't have gotten onto a lawn. He had a dental done in November so I doubt it's that. He does have patella issues but he's not limping so it's unlikely to be that. I already have his 6 month xray booked for the 23rd to monitor for stones so I will get them to do that today instead. He seems quite a bit better now but I'm still taking him to the vet because something was definitely going on and I am afraid if I cancel it will come back. It's just not normal for him to not feel well.

Sorry for the double post. Not sure what happened there

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,731 Posts
Sending prayers Kathy---please let us know! Shaking is most often due to pain so wise to have your vet check him out.

Reactions: pippersmom

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Kathy, I'm so sorry to read Piper is suffering and not his active normal self this morning. I hate reading posts about our precious fur babies suffering. I know how scary and concerning it can be seeing them shaking for a long period. Abella was shaking for a couple days after her dental surgery. She just wanted to be held on my lap. It broke my heart seeing her suffer. I'm glad to read Piper is doing a bit better this morning and that you were able to get a vet drop off appointment. You are such a good mommy to Piper and I know how precious he is to you. Prayers for his quick recovery and that he will be back to his normal self very soon. Please keep us updated - You both are special to me too.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Kathy, I am so sorry Pipper is shaking. I know how much you love him. Thank goodness the vet can see him today and get to the bottom of it. I will be thinking of you both. Sending lots of love and good thoughts. 💗

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pipper is home now and acting totally normal. Vet couldn't find anything wrong. No bladder stones and everything else in the x-ray looked as it should. Heart sounded perfect, gums looked good, teeth were good, no fever, nothing abnormal. I had them do wellness bloodwork and am waiting on the results of that but she doesn't expect anything abnormal because all was good in November at his dental. Whatever it was that suddenly appeared seems to have disappeared just as quickly. All is good in my world right now.:)

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Wonderful news!
Life is so much better when our fluffs are home, healthy and being their normal selves!
I am happy for you & for Piper!
🐶 🐾🌷

Reactions: pippersmom

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pipper is home now and acting totally normal. Vet couldn't find anything wrong. No bladder stones and everything else in the x-ray looked as it should. Heart sounded perfect, gums looked good, teeth were good, no fever, nothing abnormal. I had them do wellness bloodwork and am waiting on the results of that but she doesn't expect anything abnormal because all was good in November at his dental. Whatever it was that suddenly appeared seems to have disappeared just as quickly. All is good in my world right now.:)
Vet just called with results of bloodwork and that was all normal too.:giggle:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi so glad all the results came back good! And he is home. I am wondering if piper had a bout with gastrointestional tummy aches. Sometimes after Cody eats and it’s the same food he will get gas pains. And Cody can shake for like few hours until he does poop. I am used to it now when he gets the shakes cause I know he’ll be pooping anytime soon. Possibly it sounded like that for your baby since all good results. Anytime that happens I immediately give Cody a Pepcid ac quarter pill and it really helps him. Gas pains are painful for these little guys. So Happy your baby is home and doing good!!!Dee

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Hi Kathy I haven't been on here for ages. Glad to see Pipper is OK. Perhaps something scared him or he had a slight muscle pull when playing. I keep remembering when Jodi "spazzed out" barking at a dog and came to a full stop, he must have pulled something and hurt himself that Mom had to pick up and console. He was soon ok.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He's acting weird again today. He's not shaking but looking like he's scared of something. He actually looks terrified and I don't know what to do. There is nothing different here. How do I know that something isn't hurting him that the vet just couldn't tell was hurting.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Poor little guy. It is so hard when we can’t figure out what is wrong.
Is there any chance that he is hearing something that you can’t? Anything in the area that might be bothering him, like construction work? Just trying to think of anything it could be...
I hope he is better soon.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dropped him back off at the vet this morning to have them recheck him and monitor him for a while. I searched my brain and I remember that for the past few days ( maybe a day before this all started ) he has seemed restless on the couch like he has a hard time getting comfortable so I'm thinking something is hurting him ???? Even when he's not on the couch with me he goes from his bed to his crate and to his other crate a bit more than normal.

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
If only they could talk and tell us whats upsetting or hurting them. Are you or your hubby under any new stress? I know Abella really picks up on when Im in pain or stressed.
I know Im grabbing at straws here.... just trying to think of what could possibly be bothering sweet little Piper. I know how concerning this is.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If only they could talk and tell us whats upsetting or hurting them. Are you or your hubby under any new stress? I know Abella really picks up on when Im in pain or stressed.
I know Im grabbing at straws here.... just trying to think of what could possibly be bothering sweet little Piper. I know how concerning this is.
We ( especially me) have been stressed for a year now due to this pandemic. The only thing that changed is that we have our vaccine appointments scheduled for next week as long as they don't cancel on us. They had to stop booking new appointments due to a supply issue. It's because the big city of Toronto is using all the vaccine for themselves that is to be distributed throughout the province and not sending enough to the smaller health units. Toronto is vaccinating their 18 year olds and the smaller health units haven't even been given enough vaccine to do all their seniors. I guess we don't matter.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts