Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,730 Posts
Kathy---you may want to ask the vet to check his heart---those are sometimes symptoms of beginning of heart issues---just to be sure. It is probably nothing like that or the vet would have checked already---probably did in fact.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Kathy---you may want to ask the vet to check his heart---those are sometimes symptoms of beginning of heart issues---just to be sure. It is probably nothing like that or the vet would have checked already---probably did in fact.
They checked his heart yesterday and said it was very good!!

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
He's home now. A different vet looked at him today and there is no indication of anything at all. They figure he has hurt himself a bit so we are trying him on some pain meds for a few days to see if that helps. I know he's a bit of a baby when he hurts himself.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,902 Posts
Is there anything new in the house, does it happen at the same time. It could be that he is hearing something you are not, it could be too much protein if it happens after a meal, he could have pulled a muscle or gotten a bug sting, again I would not rule out exposure to a chemical.

Reactions: pippersmom

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
We kind of figured it out. It's either his tail or lower back. After he poops we always lift his tail to wipe his butt. Since last night he is fine until he knows we're going to lift his tail and then he starts shaking. I think he was hurting and it's pretty much better now but he's worried that it will still hurt. He's quite a worry wart....kind of takes after me;).

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Checking in on Pipper this morning. I hope he is back to his usual cute self soon.
It is sometimes so hard to figure out what is wrong. I wonder what happened to give him pain in the first place. Maybe he just pulled a muscle? Glad that the medicine seems to be helping him.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,730 Posts
'checking on our little guy too this AM---go Pipper!

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
He was nervous first thing this morning but now he's acting totally normal. I think that whatever was hurting him is better now but he was still worried that it's going to hurt. Now he's wandering around looking bored. Ears are all perky and tail is nice and curled up!

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Piper is sure keeping his mommy on her toes.....
I LOVE seeing their beautiful flowing tails held high over their back. Glad to hear he is doing so much better......Praying whatever was bothering little Piper is resolved.
🐶 🐾🌷

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,902 Posts
He is cute. I'm so glad that he is feeling so much better. I bet that the problem was some kind of sprain.

·
Registered
Luna
546 Posts
I'm sorry I missed this. Luna has been shaking sometimes lately too. No apparent reason. It goes away quickly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Last night Pipper got real quiet and only wanted to lay in his bed and he kept shaking. It was raining out so I thought that maybe he heard thunder and was scared of that. Finally he calmed down and fell asleep. Now it's morning and he's still shaking. He must be in some kind of pain. He's still eating but not with the enthusiasm he usually shows, I will call the vet as soon as they open at 8:00 a.m. I'm worried sick. My mind has this awful habit of thinking the worst. He's the most important thing in the world to me. Please send prayers for my boy.
Prayers for your baby 🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
4 Posts
Last night Pipper got real quiet and only wanted to lay in his bed and he kept shaking. It was raining out so I thought that maybe he heard thunder and was scared of that. Finally he calmed down and fell asleep. Now it's morning and he's still shaking. He must be in some kind of pain. He's still eating but not with the enthusiasm he usually shows, I will call the vet as soon as they open at 8:00 a.m. I'm worried sick. My mind has this awful habit of thinking the worst. He's the most important thing in the world to me. Please send prayers for my boy.
Sending prayers for Pipper

21 - 36 of 36 Posts