Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here it is 4:30 and Prissy and I havent gone to sleep. she is at her 50th day in her preg. Let see right around 12:30 she started panting I didnt think anything of it because my step dad keeps it to warm in this house. I was hot too so I just let it go. Then she was panting really hard and she seemed to be uncomfortable. I got a wet washcloth and put it on her belly to cool her down. still panting so I put her down stairs in the breakfast nook where it is cooler. then about 3:00 I went down stairs to sleep on the couch because it was too hot in my room for me to sleep. I heard her making noise in the breakfast nook. She was still awake and she was paceing more and acting frantice. I sat with her on the couch she couldnt sit still. she was walking around and turning in circles then she would be fine. I brought the laundry basket with towels in it to the up stairs bathroom and I was gonna watch her and sleep in there. She had all the signs of Labor but she had just ate which they dont do before labor and her temp is normal. I'm worried because he milk hasnt came in. Emergency vet says if she is at 50 days and in labor there is something wrong with the pups or her. they will not be developed enough to live . There is nothing they can give her to stop labor. She thought since she ate and her temp was normal she is just in a little pain not labor. She shows no signs of pain when I touch her, I think she might just have tummy craps as preg females have tummy aches. she has had a touch of diarhea now and then.

I left her in the bathroom and I'm checking on her every 30 min. Please pray for us. I hope everything is fine. sorry so long.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I know how worried you must be.
Hoping all is well and that she is just feeling uncomfortable.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If she were going to deliver her pups her temp would be down reguardless of early or late. I don't know too much about this story. Is this her, (and your) first pregnancy?It doesn't sound like she's doing anything abnormal as far as I can tell. Humans go through similar things with ancyness and braxton hicks. I know it's nerve wracking but she sounds ok. Also leaving her alone in your breakfast nook may cause more stress to her at this point. Do you have a whelping crate set up for her?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com@Jun 16 2005, 08:24 AM
If she were going to deliver her pups her temp would be down reguardless of early or late. I don't know too much about this story. Is this her, (and your)  first pregnancy?It doesn't sound like she's doing anything abnormal as far as I can tell. Humans go through similar things with ancyness and braxton hicks. I know it's nerve wracking but she sounds ok. Also leaving her alone in your breakfast nook may cause more stress to her at this point. Do you have a whelping crate set up for her?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73003
[/QUOTE]

I believe this is her 4th litter, so Prissy's mom must know what is normal for her and doesn't think this behavior is.

I hope we get an update soon.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Any news? Hope everything turns out okay...

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
You should be taking her temperature twice daily starting now and recording it. Some dog's normal temps run a little higher. The temp will drop within 24 hours of whelping...some dogs do go back up...just like with people, things vary.

Panting can be a sign of pain or labor. Nesting is often another sign.

If this is your first litter, call her breeder. Your mentor should be the best source for you, especially since they know their lines and how thier bitches tend to whelp.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom+Jun 16 2005, 08:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-adorableaccentsdogbows.com
@Jun 16 2005, 08:24 AM
If she were going to deliver her pups her temp would be down reguardless of early or late. I don't know too much about this story. Is this her, (and your)  first pregnancy?It doesn't sound like she's doing anything abnormal as far as I can tell. Humans go through similar things with ancyness and braxton hicks. I know it's nerve wracking but she sounds ok. Also leaving her alone in your breakfast nook may cause more stress to her at this point. Do you have a whelping crate set up for her?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73003
I believe this is her 4th litter, so Prissy's mom must know what is normal for her and doesn't think this behavior is.

I hope we get an update soon.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73019
[/B][/QUOTE]
That's good. How old is Prissy? The only comfort I can offer is that the signs she's exibiting are quite common. I deliversd 5 children and each pregnancy was completely different. It's the same with my girls. You never know what to expect. I'll pray for you and your babies. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
For those who don't know, Prissy is having puppies for a good reason. This is her last litter and here is what her mommy says:

I had never mentioned before that I breed prissy due to the major debate issue with BYB. Prissy is a trained service dog for the hearing impaired (no not me) the program we are in likes her traits. we breed her to get puppies for impaired people so far out of 3 litters and 12 pups 7 have been placed with hearing impaired people or are general service dogs.[/B]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jun 16 2005, 11:49 AM
For those who don't know, Prissy is having puppies for a good reason. This is her last litter and here is what her mommy says:

I had never mentioned before that I breed prissy due to the major debate issue with BYB. Prissy is a trained service dog for the hearing impaired (no not me) the program we are in likes her traits. we breed her to get puppies for impaired people so far out of 3 litters and 12 pups 7 have been placed with hearing impaired people or are general service dogs.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73067
[/B][/QUOTE]
Thank you. Sometimes I miss the posts and if you miss a little you miss a lot. LOL

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Prissy Update

I took her to the vet this morning because her pain seemed to have decreased but I was still conserned. The Doc said she isnt in labor
She is just in pain. SHe seems to have trouble with her back end so They expressed her anal glads and they were infected. doc said it was due to her potty problems. Doc also thinks she may have injured her back some how. We cant give her pain meds so she is on crate rest and joint meds. I hope all is well only time will tell.

thanks for all the concerns.

Sarah and Prissy

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I too have been thinking about her all day...glad to hear she is not in labor. Hopefully, she will start feeling better and will be back to herself soon.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts