Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have some winter weather that was here last night, about 3 inches of snow on top of some ice. We are supposed to get more tonight and tomorrow. Hubby thinks I am being overprotective by saying I dont want my son to go. It's a 2 hour drive away and the roads there on a perfectly normal day is winding and such. *sigh* what to do, what to do? It's a Boy Scout campout. Wahhh I dont want him to go

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jan 21 2005, 08:37 AM
I'm confused.  There's a boyscout camping trip during the winter? 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30644
[/QUOTE]

that's what I keep saying.."are you sure you want to go and sleep outside in the snow?"

I am being told that the trip is good for them(by an ex scout)...they'll learn survival skills for winter weather should they need it in the future. I see the point but...isn't there a warmer cold we could practice in?!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Triste+Jan 21 2005, 09:58 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Jan 21 2005, 08:37 AM
I'm confused.  There's a boyscout camping trip during the winter? 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30644

that's what I keep saying.."are you sure you want to go and sleep outside in the snow?"

I am being told that the trip is good for them(by an ex scout)...they'll learn survival skills for winter weather should they need it in the future. I see the point but...isn't there a warmer cold we could practice in?!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30646
[/B][/QUOTE]
I say go with your gut. A mother always knows what's best for her child.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I don't have any kids but I think I would be just like you. I guess it depends on what the temp is going to be. I've gone camping when it got down to the 50s and froze my a$$ off. Luckily we had a little space heater but it was still cold.

I would say go with your gut.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
It's YOUR opinion that counts, not anyone else's, ex-scout or not. We read many tales of triumph over tragedy, survival above all odds, etc., etc., and how that person "learned something important about themselves, life, etc." but it comes down to you as a parent. Do YOU want to expose your son to an opportunity to learn about survival in snow? Weigh your opinion and gut feeling against the prediction of more snow agains the benefits of the experience to your son and go with that.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it looks like I dont have to decide, they cancelled the camp out. WHEW! They might camp at a local place but they can always come home if weather gets bad/kid gets sick...it's 5 miles out. I think it's important for them to learn some survival skills just in case, but just not 2 hours away w/winter weather warnings out!
and yes, he really wanted to go..

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Whew! You lucked out!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Cool. Your son wont think YOU'RE the evil one then! LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts