Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a building (dont know name) that he studied in Art History here in the US...

Chocolate Elephant anyone?

Doner ...or so I'm told lol.

He went to a Fettes Brot concert in Cologne

White Asparagus w/ Hollandaise sauce (he loved this)

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He wonders if this is the German equivalent of a yard gnome?

More yummy food!

Public Viewing in Dusseldorf of first Germany World Cup game

Can you tell he's fired up? He plays soccer, so it was a big deal!

His neighborhood

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Wow!!! So are you thrilled that he got to go? He looks like he's having THE best time. So many things to see, do and eat.:chili: All I needed to spy was all the chocolate and I'm ready to book a ticket. Is he living with a host family and if so how is that? He's so cute and I love his enthusiasm. This will be an adventure he'll remember his whole life.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, he's living with a host family. The family has been very kind to him. he has a "brother" that is a year younger than he is. Cory is 17 .You should see the truffles on the conveyer belt :innocent: YUM. Yes, I'm thrilled for him and very jealous. He worked very hard to afford the trip. We didn't give him any money, he earned it all himself with either work, scholarships and donations. The program costs $4500 and the flight ended up being $1500. He will be there nearly 7 weeks. Definitely a chance of a lifetime. He's all about the food! The amount of pictures he's taken of just food is just funny. His girlfriend is going to pastry chef school and adding on some other classes for cooking. He is bringing back a German Cookbook for her :HistericalSmiley: My guess is she's gonna have to figure out how to make the schnitzel he loves as well as the doner.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh man makes me miss Germany! We lived there 2 different times when hubby was in the Army. My son was born over there in Bavaria. I used to eat those Doner! Yumm that's goat cheese on top!

I am so happy he got this experience to go over there! I am hoping we can take our kids when they are a similar age. Its a wonderful experience to live in another culture.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My cousin has been stationed over there before (air force) and he is really wanting to get back over there for another assignment. He and his family really love it over there. If he does, I'm going to do my best to get a ticket to fly over there and visit.

While Cory is there, he's not allowed to speak any English except for his 1 hour of computer time a week. He's loving his time over there and I'm sure it's going to be hard to come home.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
An experience that will truly shape is life! It's so awesome that he is getting to do this. I've not been to Germany buy have had some of their bread. I have to say that German bread is the best. Great pics!

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
oh I am sooo happy fr your gorgeous son how proud must you be, and how happy he is. lovely!!!

thank you so very much for sharing these pictures with us.

becky

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
WOW! what great pictures and experience for him, i want to go :smmadder::D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.