Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
I guess the ideal thing would be to see them both and spend some time with them. Based solely on your description, it sounds like the female will be a hand full! That is fine for some people, but with your husband not being a dog person, her personality my irritate him.

For example, last night I had a co-worker at my house to do some work on a project that was at deadline. I put Kallie and Catcher in the play pen along with their dog beds. Catcher sat in his bed quietly. Kallie barked and jumped up and down constantly until I finally brought them both in the kitchen where we were working as the barking was driving my co-worker crazy. Catcher sat quietly while Kallie wanted to play ball and was "digging to China" on my co-workers leg and would not settle down the entire time she was here. There is just a huge difference in their temperaments.

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by louise@Oct 20 2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks everyone, all the advice is great. It was all just what I thinking.

We will be meeting each other part way and staying at a hotel for a night. So actually I will have a good amount of time to get to know both. I think I will meet them both before I know who is who and see how it goes. My hubby and two kids will be going. so we all can decide as a family. 
  If I do go with the boy I have to come up with a name. They are calling him Mathew. I will let you all know how it goes. We leave Saturday morning and get home Sunday evening. One way or another there will be pictures on Monday for sure

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111830
[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a great plan! If you don't like the name Matthew, you could change it since he is still young. Hmmm, the only boy's name I can think of right now is Beau, which I have always liked for furbabies and skin ones, too. Or you could officially name him Matthew and call him Matty. Keep us posted on how it goes. Good luck!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.