Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i had a thread a few months ago talking about how working with family sucks. well....it turns out that there's SOMETHING totally shady going on with my brother. i only know like 10% of the story....basically, the SEC and the FBI are investigating him and his fund.

Well....it turns out he lost a bunch of money AND THEN he was writing bogus statements. so these people had $0 in the fund and he'd send them a statement saying that they still had $1,000,000 in there. And it turns out that he only had around $1 million in the fund and if you add up everyones money in the statements---there should be at least $10 million.
i have no idea what the f*(k he was thinking. he bought himself a million dollar lot. told cynthia to buy this $500,000 lot. and since cynthia has crappy credit (which is his fault) it couldnt be under her name so he was like "i'll put it under mine". and when we sold out townhome we got like $130,000 and cynthia was like "just put it in the fund".

*******At least read this**** (since i know people want the "short" story)

For the past month he was telling me and cynthia that he cant pay us because its been going to lawyers and stuff.....WELL---he's still giving paychecks to those two girls that work there and this guy who basically screwed him at UBS. AND he gave those two girls RAISES.

So yesterday he tells cynthia that he's going to turn himself in at the police station (i guess) and he wants to keep the fund open and he wants CASEY'S name on it!!!! and cynthia was like "im not sure casey would want to do that cuz you've screwed him over" (cuz he had promised casey a raise and a bonus...he didnt get anything and he hasnt been paid in a month either). Well...cynthia calls him out on ALL his lies...and you know what he does? he says "f**k you" and hangs up on her.

during their conversation he tells cynthia that he doesnt think i deserve a bonus or a raise and that i shouldnt get a paycheck anymore. and cynthia was like "cathy worked for you for FREE for a long time and she was only making $8/hr till july".

and cynthia is the one that deals with the biggest client he has and after he did that....cynthia decided that she quits.

i dont know what to do.

we dont have anything. i think we might have $2,000 in our savings and checking accounts total. im stressing like crazy. our rent is due on the first and thats $1850/month. and then the car is $460. our basic bills for the whole household is $4,000/month.

so cynthia decided to start selling on Ebay. she's read a bunch of success stories. so we're hoping that it works out. my mom is 56 yrs old and offered to start working again....she cleaned houses. we told her no. we asked our uncle for some money....and he insinuated that he gave it all to my bro

anyway, i just wanted to vent. you guys know how im feeling. just wish us luck. and check out ebay. lol.

to get her ebay name, contact me

i'll hopefully be on more. i've just had a lot of homework lately:( and i only have two classes!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Oh gosh girl! I am so sorry to hear this. I really, really hope things work out the best for you. Take care of yourself. Tell Cynthia I hope all goes well.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
hang in there cathy...when i become a vet i can give ya a job

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
oh wow cathy...I was wondering where ya went! Take care ...vent here as needed. I can't believe how expensive rent is there compared to here! I guess living in hicksville usa has it's priveleges!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Wow! What a mess!!! So sorry to hear about all that...
Try to keep your chin up and think positive...it will all straighten out soon. Good luck! Vent all you need!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
god hope your ok dr cathy

it will work itself out in the end

check out whats popular on ebay and sell sell sell

wishing u luck from Bec & Dixie xx

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I would be so heartbroken that my own brother would screw me over so badly!
AND I'd want to get the REVENGE only a sibling can dish out.

You are in a bad patch but you've probably been in one before and I can assure you that most on this forum have been in tight financial spots at some time as well.

But you and Cynthia seem very resilient and resourceful, not to mention intelligent and moving on as quickly as you can is the best thing you can do for yourselves right now.

We're all rooting for you and Pico sends some priceless Maltese kisses your way!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Cathy, just hang in there. it will get better...you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.. :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Cathy, I am sooooo sorry about your situation, that just bites. Can you collect unemployment at all, that may help. Just a thought...I hope all works out well for you guys...

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
That totally sucks.. and what a jerk for dragging you all into his mess. I hope everything works out for you and Cynthia, we'll be thinking about ya!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks everyone
our uncle is coming over today and he said that he'll give us $10,000 and that if he gets more money he'll help us out. cynthia is like "remember, this is only a loan, i will pay you back". at least theres someone that can help us financially for a while. we're going through everything in the garage and we're putting it up. its taking a while...which sucks. and cynthia is a little discouraged that we only have 2 bids. i told her that we have to start selling all our hello kitty stuff. she had been trying to sell curious george baby sets.

and today we went to sears and robinsons may to return presents that people gave us and to return the presents we bought our mom.
we had given her a fryer and a breadmaker....but she said she didnt want it that much.

tomorrow i'm spending the whole day at public storage so that we can either sell or dump everything we have in there...so then we dont have to pay for the storage space. i called all of our loans for school and asked for deferrment. i called the electric company and the phone company to ask for an application for low-income families.

we filled out online applications for unemployment. and we're going to the tax board and saying that we didnt get a months pay from my bro.

he told my mom again today that he felt that we didnt deserve anything. and he was like "mom, by the way, tell everyone they're fired". he's so rude. but my mom feels sorry for him because he's turning himself in or whatever.

my uncle knows the whole story. i hope he tells us today. when i find out what really happened with my bro...i'll tell everyone.
lol.

what really sucks is that we cant demand any thing from him either. like, throughout this whole year he was like "this westridge house is yours, you deserve it"....but he paid for it saying that it was cynthias money. we dont have a contract or anything for cynthia to say that she wants her money back or anything.

oh, and im selling all of kurts (my other brother...who i also dont like) books., and im selling all of my books. im going to do it on amazon. i looked up my chemistry book on amazon...and for used...its $89! thats waay more than what the bookstore would've given me.

thanks everyone for the encouragement. im definitely trying to save money too. like faster showers and turning off the heater and stuff. its only like 60-something degrees here anyway. lol.

im gonna go study now. i'll try to be back online later.

thanks!
cathy

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Girl...I hope nothing but the best for you and your sister and your mom and Sprite and Ellie. Your brother is Misery and you know misery loves company. Don't be upset with your mom. As ugly as he is, he's still her son. Take care girl!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Cathy, i didnt know that ur situation was this bad

sorry for keep bugging u and asking about the maltese meet up !! forgive me

everythingn will turn out fine, trust me !! hope talking to u online soon when things get better, i hope i could help u out in any way, if i can please let me know!

kisses from jongee

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Forgot to say "WE MISS YOU GIRL! "

1 - 20 of 36 Posts