Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry that I haven't been around much lately, life keeps getting in the way anymore. In the early 2000's I was here every single day!! My original "A Team" is now all gone, with the recent passing of Abbey (17 years old) on August 31st.
I miss them terribly but the youngsters are doing their best to keep me smiling. Baby Anna is now 10 months old and has just become a .....ummmm.....young lady. And Adele turned 2 in July and has recently been spayed. Asia has some sort of problem on her face, but we're working on that and Chyna (my shih tzu) is the sweetest girl ever. I hope you all are doing well, healthy and happy. Here's a few recent pics of the youngest kids, Anna and Adele
Dog Light Flash photography Carnivore Audio equipment
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Water dog Companion dog

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,997 Posts
Anna and Adele are adorable. How old is Chyna now?

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,862 Posts
'Love your babies, Pat! So nice to see them here again! I hope you can get Asia sorted out soon. There is always some kind of problem to keep us busy!

·
Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
1,660 Posts
Pat, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Abbey. Wow - 17 years old. I lost my Maggie on May 11th, just 2 months shy of her 16th birthday. Thankfully you have your babies to help ease the pain. It has been so hard for me but I have Casey, my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, to distract me. I love him but my heart still aches for Maggie. So good to see you back on SM.

·
Premium Member
20,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'Love your babies, Pat! So nice to see them here again! I hope you can get Asia sorted out soon. There is always some kind of problem to keep us busy!
Coming up on 4 months now that Asia's face is ....crusty? the hair between her eyes is stiff and kind of dark. The vet has tried three different antibiotics and now is thinking it's her tear ducts, but I don't think so. Her eyes are never gunky, it's just weird. ....seems to lightening up a bit, so hopefully it'll eventually just go away....

·
Premium Member
20,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pat, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Abbey. Wow - 17 years old. I lost my Maggie on May 11th, just 2 months shy of her 16th birthday. Thankfully you have your babies to help ease the pain. It has been so hard for me but I have Casey, my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, to distract me. I love him but my heart still aches for Maggie. So good to see you back on SM.
It hard losing the ones we've loved the longest....Abbey hasn't been doing very well for some time and had two seizures recently, after the second one, something seemed to happen in her brain...she kept walking in circles and just falling over. Then she'd just stare into space for a long time, it was heart breaking to watch. Finally Stan agreed it was time, my god...my poor girl...she was suffering.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,862 Posts
Pat, my heart goes out to you as you continue to grieve Maggie---I know that is an ache that does not go away---it just settles deeper in the heart. Big hugs to you dear lady!

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Pat, my heart goes out to you as you continue to grieve Maggie---I know that is an ache that does not go away---it just settles deeper in the heart. Big hugs to you dear lady!
Thank you Sandi for the kind words. These little ones just take over your heart. I have wonderful memories and I know that I will eventually be able to only remember the good times.

• Love
Reactions: edelweiss

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
It hard losing the ones we've loved the longest....Abbey hasn't been doing very well for some time and had two seizures recently, after the second one, something seemed to happen in her brain...she kept walking in circles and just falling over. Then she'd just stare into space for a long time, it was heart breaking to watch. Finally Stan agreed it was time, my god...my poor girl...she was suffering.
Pat, I know how you felt. Maggie had been suffering from dementia for quite awhile but I put off making that decision. When she didn't know where she was most of the time and was getting stuck in corners or under the legs of the kitchen chairs, I knew it was time. So difficult for me but the kindest thing I could do for her. Heartbreaking though....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts