Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a craft fair this weekend and came across someone who had a dog that they claimed was a maltese. It did not look like a Maltese to me. They said that they had got her in South Africa and that she had double lobed ears. This dog had the kinky hair all over its body. Has anyone ever heard of such a dog?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have heard that in South Africa the Maltese are not pure bred but do have Poodle in them so that could account for a slightly curly coat.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking that the hair looked more like a bichon's or poodle's. It looked to be around 10 pounds. When I saw it I thought it was probably a Maltese X Bichon. Then they showed me the ears. It was the weirdest dog I had ever seen.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I had taken my digital camera with me. It is hard to explain what it looked like. The double ear lobes looked like big globs of drool hanging from its ears. Until the guy told me about the ears I thought they were just huge mats. Which is understandable because the dog looked like it was in desperate need of a grooming sesssion.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
probably were mats and he was just being stupid. i dont believe there is such a dog

1 - 9 of 9 Posts