Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kenji spends the day at with my parents if I have to go to the office. He usually gets things he isn't supposed to be eating. Yesterday I noticed he didn't eat all of his dry food and asked my mother if he ate something else. She said they fed him a little piece of ham and dry bread. He also had a little bit of tofu. This morning he pooped on my rug and had thrown up on his paws while sleeping. I never give my bab anything but dry dog food. Could they be feeding him things that are REALLY bad for him? They don't see any harm in feeding him wholesome human food. i keep telling them he ain't human!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Kenji spends the day at with my parents if I have to go to the office. He usually gets things he isn't supposed to be eating. Yesterday I noticed he didn't eat all of his dry food and asked my mother if he ate something else. She said they fed him a little piece of ham and dry bread. He also had a little bit of tofu. This morning he pooped on my rug and had thrown up on his paws while sleeping. I never give my bab anything but dry dog food. Could they be feeding him things that are REALLY bad for him? They don't see any harm in feeding him wholesome human food. i keep telling them he ain't human!!!
[/B]
If I remember correctly, weren't you having problems with the way your dad was treating Kenji... and the food issue as well? If I were you I would leave Kenji at home while you are at work where he is safe from horrible food such as ham (full of salt and fat). Tofu, of course, is made from soy which some dogs don't tolerate very well.

Do you live close enough to your workplace to perhaps come home for lunch? Or hire a pet sitter to come at lunchtime for 30 minutes or so.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/B]
If I remember correctly, weren't you having problems with the way your dad was treating Kenji... and the food issue as well? If I were you I would leave Kenji at home while you are at work where he is safe from horrible food such as ham (full of salt and fat). Tofu, of course, is made from soy which some dogs don't tolerate very well.

Do you live close enough to your workplace to perhaps come home for lunch? Or hire a pet sitter to come at lunchtime for 30 minutes or so.
[/B]
UGH.. I KNOW!! I'm sooo stupid. He hates being alone! I can't bear getting ready and he's already dragging his carry bag around and jumping into it. He barks and barks telling me he's coming too.
I just hate leaving him alone.. but i guess it's better than ruining his health.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
[/B]

[/B]
UGH.. I KNOW!! I'm sooo stupid. He hates being alone! I can't bear getting ready and he's already dragging his carry bag around and jumping into it. He barks and barks telling me he's coming too.
I just hate leaving him alone.. but i guess it's better than ruining his health.
[/B]
Awww, I can just picture him jumping in to his bag!! But truly, it sounds like he's better off at home and it's just a habit...he'll need to get in a new habit of your leaving and you or someone else stopping by mid-day.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Soy (along with wheat and corn) is one of the top three allergy causing ingredients in dogs.

Ham, even a little bit, like sausage or bacon, is a huge no-no. It can cause pancreatitis which can kill Kenji.

The gal in the office next to me nearly lost her little Yorkie Thanksgiving weekend when Sugar got a tiny piece of ham as a treat. She started with vomiting and diarrhea just like Kenji which turned to bloody diarrhea. She had to be rushed to the emergency vet, but they were able to save her.

That little bit of ham cost Nancy $900!

Pancreatitis can cause the pancreas to stop producing insulin which is Type 1 (insulin dependant diabetes).

Have you checked on Kenji today? Is he still sick?

Download these articles and show it them your family.

http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/showarticle.cfm?id=399

http://www.petdiabetes.org/pancreatitis.htm

Yes, in answer to your question, they are feeding him things that are REALLY bad for him.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Soy (along with wheat and corn) is one of the top three allergy causing ingredients in dogs.

Ham, even a little bit, like sausage or bacon, is a huge no-no. It can cause pancreatitis which can kill Kenji.

The gal in the office next to me nearly lost her little Yorkie Thanksgiving weekend when Sugar got a tiny piece of ham as a treat. She started with vomiting and diarrhea just like Kenji which turned to bloody diarrhea. She had to be rushed to the emergency vet, but they were able to save her.

That little bit of ham cost Nancy $900!

Pancreatitis can cause the pancreas to stop producing insulin which is Type 1 (insulin dependant diabetes).

Have you checked on Kenji today? Is he still sick?

Download these articles and show it them your family.

http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/showarticle.cfm?id=399

http://www.petdiabetes.org/pancreatitis.htm

Yes, in answer to your question, they are feeding him things that are REALLY bad for him.[/B]
What Marj said! What they are giving him can cause him to be sick and possibly kill him. Iss the guilt over leaving him worth that?

Your dog is better off alone than being subjected to people who aren't looking out for his best interest.

·
Registered
514 Posts
[/B]

[/B]
[/B]
lol! that is so cute! tyler used to jump in his bags even when we wern't going anywhere!

i heard soy isn't very good for some dogs. You should warn them about dog health.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts