Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just left my little peanut at the vets.
What was I thinking picking friday the 13???
With everything else going on, this was the best date so that I have the next two days off over the weekend to baby her (and I'm looking forward to doing so).

I am a little nervous but I know everything will be ok. I was also very nervous when my holli at 12 years old had surgery (that was worse).

Anyway I am more looking forward to those mean teeth being gone than anything!

They are so nice at this new place. The woman who took her said I can call any time and ask for her and she will go check on her for me

snif my baby all grown up

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Best wishes for your sweet Pheobe! ((hugs)) for mom... I know it's a little nerve-wracking, but having a great vet and vet's staff make a world of difference.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Good luck!!! Hugs and kisses to her...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your support. I dont feel that great, but its over thankfully

The vet called to tell me shes waking up now and that it went 'ok'. She vomitted from the anethesia
so in case she inhaled that into her lungs, she is going to put her on an antibiotic to prevent her getting pneumonia.

The second thing is that I didnt know she was already microchipped. The vet said since they werent looking for a chip they scanned over her once, did not find it, and then put in the second. That time they scanned, they found the other. I hate that she had that done twice now
She said that she has two different brands, and that sometimes this happens. Anyone else have this happen? She said that the brand that was in there is not common around here. I dont know how either the breeder or I over looked this little detail. I think I would have remembered if she told me this.

She pulled quite a few teeth and I guess thats it. I dont know why I cant shake this uneasy feeling now

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I am glad Phoebe is doing well. I think that maybe having 2 microchips is even better than one. That way if one can't be read, the other one can. Hopefully neither will ever need to be read though!!

I think these surgeries are harder on parents than our babies. She will be fine in no time!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, bless your heart.... I truly, truly understand how you feel... I "know" that uneasy feeling.... I guess it is anxiety. I think you'll feel better when she is home with you and you can see her... having them at a vet and just getting a report by phone is very unsettling....

My thoughts are with you guys today and I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.....

Hugs to little Miss Phoebe from Kallie and Catcher....

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
She will soon be back to her ole self!! Glad its over for her & you both!!!!And you know what they say..two chips are better than one!!!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182@May 13 2005, 12:29 PM
And you know what they say..two chips are better than one!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62121
[/QUOTE]

Good one!

Hope that she has a speedy recovery!!!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awww... i'm glad to hear everything turned out okay and your baby will be home with you in no time!! Your probably still nervous because you need to see your baby!! Thats how I was even though Kodie was doing fine.... I wanted to go get him ASAP! I had to wait until the next day though...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Aw I understand that uneasy feeling too. It's probably because she got sick from the anethesia. I think your vet is great for being up-front about that and giving her the antibiotics as a precautionary measure. We always like to hear that everything went without incident no matter how minor the incident is.

You'll feel better when she's home and you're taking care of her. Make sure you ask your vet if there's anything specific you should keep an eye out for. I forgot to ask and worried all weekend.

Keep us posted....

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry@May 13 2005, 09:35 AM
I just left my little peanut  at the vets
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62035
[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's ME
I'm so glad that this is over with for little Pheobe! She'll be fine in no time!!! That's weird about the microchips though, but as it was said before, two chips are better than one!!
Give her a big sloppy kiss from Peanut and Tic

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I'm so glad Phoebe did so well!! Abbey's turn is next month and I'm a nervous wreck, too! Best wishes to little Phoebe!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are home, yay
She is groggy and it was the first time I ever saw her little tail down when I put her on the floor
She is just sleeping now but I am SO HAPPY she is home!
They just loved her there. Its so nice to go somewhere they actually make a fuss over all of the animals that come in.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes

Peanut and Tics mommy: I should have used that name for real! She responds to both since I call her that all the time
Love it

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Whew! That's over, for you and little Pheobe. Now you can put that anxiety energy into pampering her and coddling her for a few days. Glad it went well! Hugs from Beastie and me!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
glad she's ok!!! i would have sent good-luck wishes but i just got home

anyways at least she'll have double the protection if she ever (god forbid) gets lost!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts