Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to start something that people could refer to for spay/neutering. Like where we are, what was done, how much it cost, etc. I think it is neat to compare costs over the US and over the world. Here's my information.

Where: Los Alamitos, CA
What: Spay - Regular metal stitches ($143)
Extra: Blood test ($38), pain patch ($31.49), 2 top canine teeth pulled out ($48)
Cost: $201 (including tax)
Discount: $71 overpopulation dog discount (interesting)

I was searching through many posts to get all of your information, but think it might be convenient for newbies to have this info in one place? Yes? No?

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
where: lafayette LA:
what: neuter , not laser...i dont have a price for mine, since i worked there it was free. but i think the surgery alone was $110 included gas and injectable anesthesia, ekg monitor
extra: blood work is i think $48 each tooth extracted is $8

important things to note are whether is was gas anesthesia vs injectable, ekg monitored, laser, etc....they all make it better for our pups and more expensive too!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Where? Rural Northwest Tennessee
Neuter with inside dissolvable stitches: 60.00
Removal of three baby teeth: 10.00

I am assuming it was injectable anesthesia...??
He also removed the hair from the inside corners of his eyes: it was not listed as a charge on the receipt.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Southeastern U.S. - Mid-Sized City

Presurgical Exam N/C
Pain Relief Injection $15
Presurgical Lab $37
General Anethesia $44
Laser Level 1 $61
Canine Castration $67
Buprenex (for pain) $16 (4 doses)
Home Again Microchip $39

Total: $279

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by zsazsasmom@Feb 8 2005, 05:17 PM
How old should they be when they are spayed/neutered? And how old is too old? ZsaZsa is almost 8 months and hasnt gone into heat yet as I know of, I heard wait until after their first heat? Is this correct?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34266
[/QUOTE]

No, don't wait for her first heat. If you get her spayed before the first heat there is almost a zero chance for her developing mammary cancer and other female cancers. After a first heat the benefit diminishes quite a bit.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I would say have it done as soon as possible. Once she goes into heat she can't be spayed for awhile after she is done. At least that was my coworkers experience. Her dog went into heat a couple days before she was supposed to be spayed and they had to wait a couple of months.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Pippin is getting neutered on March 10th and my vet (NW Burbs of Chicago) is charging $141 plus $25 for meds. I have a home visit vet so that includes pick up at my house and drop off as soon as Pippin is ready to come home. I don't know if anyone else on here has a home visit vet so my price might not be a good estimate, but I figured I'd post in anyway.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Neuter for <30 lb about $250 (includes isoflurance only, monitoring, neuter, internal sutures, etc.)
Pain meds $14
deciduous canine tooth extraction $25/tooth
other extractions charged by time
Bloodwork $50

I don't know what I paid for Mikey's neuter...probably for an injection of pain meds and bloodwork is all. His skin lesion removal cost me $0. LOL I wasn't even charged for the suture material. That said, his other vet bills are about $400/month right now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts