Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read the other Bella's post and my Bella is also getting spayed on Friday, Dec. 17th. She's 6 months old already but she still has ALL her baby teeth. Should I wait until they have started falling off or should I just go for it and have her spayed.

She got her first set of teeth late too so maybe that's why it's taking so long for them to fall off.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
u should not postpone the spay...ur vet will determine if the teeth are ready to be pulled. if bella were to go into heat it increase her chances of mammary cancer. so u dont want to wait
doing the spay before her first heat gives her 100% chance of not getting mammary cancer.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Go ahead and have her spayed. Have the vet check her teeth. If her canines are still in there tightly, he'll probably want to pull those. Any really loose teeth will just pop right out or they can leave be. I worry most about the canines.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My little Bella,

Peanut's teeth were also slow to come out. He was neutered in June which was recommended by the vet (he was a little young). He still has some retained puppy teeth now. His appointment is next month to remove the puppy teeth and for a teeth cleaning. Don't worry about the teeth, like everyone else said. Spaying is more important now.
Alissa

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks...I just spoke with the vet's office and she's all set for tomorrow. I'm so nervous. They told me that they would check her teeth and her ears (they are bothering her). They are also going to microchip her tomorrow under anesthesia. Poor baby...if she only knew what was coming her way

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Nichole@Dec 16 2004, 03:38 PM
I felt the same way you do when Toby got spayed.  I felt awful when I handed him over to the tech--it was like he knew!  BUT, on a positive note, he came through just fine and when I went to pick him up, he was so excited to see me.  Within a day or two he was back to his old self.

Bella will be fine!  In the meantime, Toby is sending Bella good thoughts and wishes! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23802
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kisses

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well my Bella will be getting spayed tomorrow also! Poor little Bellas!

It is my last day at work for 2 weeks and my charge is sick so I'm hoping I will be too busy to worry while she is having her surgery. Please let us know how it goes with your Bella and I will do the same!

Nicolle

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Nicolle916@Dec 16 2004, 04:49 PM
Well my Bella will be getting spayed tomorrow also!  Poor little Bellas!

It is my last day at work for 2 weeks and my charge is sick so I'm hoping I will be too busy to worry while she is having her surgery.  Please let us know how it goes with your Bella and I will do the same!

Nicolle

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23824
[/QUOTE]

Our poor little babies. Do you get to pick her up tomorrow? I have to leave her overnight and that's killing me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella@Dec 16 2004, 02:51 PM
Our poor little babies.  Do you get to pick her up tomorrow?  I have to leave her overnight and that's killing me.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23825
[/QUOTE]

Yeah...they say I will be able to get her around 2 or 2:30. I am a little worried b/c I weighed her yesterday at Petsmart and I thought she had gained some wieght but she is still only 3.6lbs. I am glad I get to pick her up but I'm still worried I might do something wrong once she gets home

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tessa sends her love to the Bellas -- don't worry!!!... (easy for me to say, Tessa is all done). I know how you feel, believe me, last summer when I dropped her off, I started to cry and embarrassed myself in front of everyone in the vet's office. But what a little champ! These dogs are amazingly strong for their size. Tessa was sleepy, but recovered within a day... I put a onesie on her so she would stay away from the stitches.... she also got some baby teeth pulled and had a chip put in. I couldn't believe how well she was and how energetic after only 24 hours! So good luck to you and be brave, it will be over soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts