Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bitsy is getting spayed tomorrow. I am so nervous. Poor little thing has no idea why I'm taking her in and I feel so guilty for having to take her. I took tomorrow off from work and Monday as well so I can stay with her. I want to make sure she doesn't over do it. The vet said that she should be all done by noon and that I can check on her by 1:00 p.m. and pick her up by 5:00 - its going to be a long, long day. Please say a prayer that all goes well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Praying that all goes well...try not to worry. I'm in the same position, Buckeye gets neutered on Monday and I'm nervous as well. I think I may change the appt to a Friday so I can be with him on a weekend....worried about him being home alone for the remainder of the week.

Advise anyone? I do live close enough to check on him during the day but don't know if that will be enough.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Bitsy is getting spayed tomorrow. I am so nervous. Poor little thing has no idea why I'm taking her in and I feel so guilty for having to take her. I took tomorrow off from work and Monday as well so I can stay with her. I want to make sure she doesn't over do it. The vet said that she should be all done by noon and that I can check on her by 1:00 p.m. and pick her up by 5:00 - its going to be a long, long day. Please say a prayer that all goes well.
Sending thoughts and prayers to Bitsy. None of us is happy about doing it but it just has to be done. Pick up a baby onesie so she won't bite at stitches. Just cut a hole for the tail:) I got a few preemie onesies in a package.
Praying that all goes well...try not to worry. I'm in the same position, Buckeye gets neutered on Monday and I'm nervous as well. I think I may change the appt to a Friday so I can be with him on a weekend....worried about him being home alone for the remainder of the week.

Advise anyone? I do live close enough to check on him during the day but don't know if that will be enough.
If you pick a Friday, I personally think that it's important to check what's going on with your vet on a weekend just in case something happens and you need them.I would suggest the same things for humans getting anything medical done on a friday. My guy had to stay overnight so a weekday worked well (as it turns out I have a 7 day a week vet practice but I know that's not the norm.) I'm sure everything will be fine but find out from them who if anyone is on duty on the weekend or how you can get help if you need it. Mine had diarrhea after the anesthesia and probably the stress, but he had a complicated neuter and 8 teeth pulled. Good luck and don't worry!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Praying for all the best and the speediest of recoveries.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sending thoughts and prayers to Bitsy. None of us is happy about doing it but it just has to be done. Pick up a baby onesie so she won't bite at stitches. Just cut a hole for the tail:) I got a few preemie onesies in a package.

If you pick a Friday, I personally think that it's important to check what's going on with your vet on a weekend just in case something happens and you need them.I would suggest the same things for humans getting anything medical done on a friday. My guy had to stay overnight so a weekday worked well (as it turns out I have a 7 day a week vet practice but I know that's not the norm.) I'm sure everything will be fine but find out from them who if anyone is on duty on the weekend or how you can get help if you need it. Mine had diarrhea after the anesthesia and probably the stress, but he had a complicated neuter and 8 teeth pulled. Good luck and don't worry!
Thanks for the advice and that's a good point about getting it done on a Friday. I did speak with the vet and decided to leave Buckeye's appt for Monday, as she feels that things will be okay as is. I'll definitely check on him every day and prayerfully all will go well. I'll post an update when I can.

Hugs

·
Registered
90 Posts

Thinking of Bisty and pray all is well. Please give us an update when you can.

Hugs to both of you!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for Bitsy and Buckeye! Roxys gotta get spayed too once shes up to a healthy weight. I'm sooooo nervousssssss:faint:

Pick up a baby onesie so she won't bite at stitches. Just cut a hole for the tail:) I got a few preemie onesies in a package.
OMG thats such a good idea!!!!!!!:goodpost:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Leandra - How's Bitsy doing? Been busy all day but just checking in for an update. I hope it went well and sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Thanks for the advice and that's a good point about getting it done on a Friday. I did speak with the vet and decided to leave Buckeye's appt for Monday, as she feels that things will be okay as is. I'll definitely check on him every day and prayerfully all will go well. I'll post an update when I can.

Hugs
Do you have any friends, family or neighbors who would just love a little alone time with Buckeye so he won't be alone a lot? Or even a pet sitter who can check in when you're gone?

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Leandra -- Sending prayers and positive energy that Bitsy is doing well. It always seems to be much harder on us human moms than on the actual fluffs.

Please give us an update when you have time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for Bitsy and Buckeye! Roxys gotta get spayed too once shes up to a healthy weight. I'm sooooo nervousssssss:faint:

OMG thats such a good idea!!!!!!!:goodpost:
Thanks so much! I'm nervous but I'm gonna be brave for my Buckeye...I went on a website called Bullwrinkles and picked out a treat recipe to make tonight for him with my grandbabies. Think I'm feeling a little guilty about what's coming on Monday.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Thanks so much! I'm nervous but I'm gonna be brave for my Buckeye...I went on a website called Bullwrinkles and picked out a treat recipe to make tonight for him with my grandbabies. Think I'm feeling a little guilty about what's coming on Monday.
Darla - I'll give you a little laugh before the nasty deed is done on Monday.Maybe you won't feel so guilty. I think you missed this post: http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/66-jokes-cartoons-more/106279-tylers-funny-fathers-day-card-dh.html

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
How is Bitsy doing today? Is she okay and are YOU okay, too? Please let us know. She is in our prayers!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I'm really worried about Bitsy now. Maybe Darla's just very busy but hope to hear how she's doing. Sending prayers.:grouphug:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Gosh I hope we hear news on Bitsy! I checked in just before bed last night and did post but must have hit the wrong button....(.again! grrr)
I was SURE there'd be an update this AM and now I'm concerned. Am praying all is OK!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts