Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my little London spayed 13 days ago(really eager to remove cone tomorrow)
She’s healing great and still has energy and has been eating well (even the first day of her spy she ate. My question is did the spay make her regress in potty training? She’s been doing so well for a while now and if she ever made a mistake it’s been peeing not poop, but today I was studying and had her in the playpen next to me. She was whining and scratching the pen so I grabbed her and put her on my lap while I was on the computer for another 30 min. After those 30 min she pooped on me and I was so disappointed. Not sure if it’s due to the spay or it was my fault for not taking her out when she whined and I took her out of the play pen? I’m confused because yesterday the fedex guy knocked so I can sign for a package and London went outside to say hi to him and squatted on him and peed!!! Now I am concerned as to why she’s relieved herself in 2 different ways two days in a row on top of someone!!
help!
for context she is 9 months and two weeks old.
305BB1C8-469F-43D3-9FF3-D71C4B058A56.jpeg

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
My gosh, she keeps getting even cuter...if that's possible!

I'm so glad her spay went well. She was definitely giving you warning signs that she needed to poop and you didn't listen. As for the package delivery guy, she may have been very excited and did a little submissive urination. I would not be worried, but I would not get lax on taking her out to potty regularly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My gosh, she keeps getting even cuter...if that's possible!

I'm so glad her spay went well. She was definitely giving you warning signs that she needed to poop and you didn't listen. As for the package delivery guy, she may have been very excited and did a little submissive urination. I would not be worried, but I would not get lax on taking her out to potty regularly.
Awww thank you! I really hope it doesn’t set her back! Thank you for your quick response and putting my worry to ease. I will listen to her needs more! I just thought she wanted out of the play pen now I’ll see it as a warning sign! I appreciate it!
love this website! ♥

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
I completely forgot until I read your post that Abella too used to get so excited when company would come that she would pee too when greeting them. I learned fast to make sure she went pee before they came and to take her outside to greet them just in case.... Keep up with the training - this phase will pass. London is adorable!
🐶 🐾🌻

Reactions: Nicole_lg85

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree. The scratching was a sign. The 30 minutes was too much for her. I’m glad all went well. Keep up the good work. Kobe was doing the excited peeing thing for a little also but I ask people to not do the “oh he so cute“ while practically screaming thing while entering. That’s is way to much for them. Please be calm. I like what Cesar Milan say. No touch, no talk, no eye contact. Let them smell you and figure you out first What’s going on and then you can play. That has worked wonders for me. also when Kobe is sleeping on my bed and suddenly jumps up and is doing his little bark thing (very different type of bark then usually) then I know it’s time. I don’t wait.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I completely forgot until I read your post that Abella too used to get so excited when company would come that she would pee too when greeting them. I learned fast to make sure she went pee before they came and to take her outside to greet them just in case.... Keep up with the training - this phase will pass. London is adorable!
🐶 🐾🌻
I’m so sorry I never responded!
1) thank you so much! I love her so much!
2) thank God she stopped doing the excited pee!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts