Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Dasiy spayed this week (Friday ). She was fine till last night then she started shaking. I called the Vet and they said it was probably reaction form anastia but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem? SHe is only 3 pounds 8 onces. Makes me scared. I am not sure what I should do.

thanks

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I would keep a close watch on her, keep her warm too and also as quiet as possible. If you are still worried about her I would take her back for a check up as well.
Has she been eating and drinking? if not perhaps some nutrical or something sweet as she could need her sugar levels brought up. Did the vet give you any pain relief for her to take? She may be sore from the surgery.

Either way I would take her back if you are worried about her.

I sure hope Daisy is feeling better very soon

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I think she could be in pain. If the vet didn't send pain medicine home, you may want to get some. Dogs don't show pain like we do. They are often in pain and we don't realize it (according to my vet.)

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I think a reaction to anesthesia would have happened days ago. I'd worry about pain, as K&C's mom said or an infection.

Does she have any other symptoms?

If it were me, I'd have your vet check her out.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I hope it's nothing serious. I would probably take her back for a check-up. Hope she's back to normal soon.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone.

I am hoping when I get home she is her loving self. If not I will call the vet and bring her.
I think it might be pain too.

The area is not red or swollen . It looks really good. She is also still eating and wants to play.

I hope she is ok. but thanks everyone....

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by JAKIEP33@Nov 7 2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks everyone.

I am hoping when I get home she is her loving self. If not I will call the vet and bring her.
I think it might be pain too.

The area is not red or swollen . It looks really good. She is also still eating and wants to play.

I hope she is ok. but thanks everyone....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117632
[/QUOTE]

Be sure to keep her from playing too much... my vet had said no jumping, no running... not much of anything... until the stiches come out. You know with humans how if we even have a couple stitches somewhere how it throbs and hurts. I'm sure it is the same with dogs....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for everyone's help. We went to the vet the other day. She said she is doing well no fever or infection. It was probably from pain. They gave us 3 viles of pain meds but once we got home she was fine. lol!
So we never even used the meds. Thank God she is doing better. Thank you everyone ...
hope ALL YOUR BABIES ARE HEALTHY AND WELL...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts