Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read that Britney Spears bought her SECOND puppy pet store purchase, this time it was a chihuahua.
Poor dogs....
All the more teenie boppers to seek out a pet to love from a pet store....she sets such a bad example!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Brittany Lot@Dec 4 2004, 04:25 PM
I just read that Britney Spears bought her SECOND puppy pet store purchase, this time it was a chihuahua. 
Poor dogs....
All the more teenie boppers to seek out a pet to love from a pet store....she sets such a bad example!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20308
[/QUOTE]

I was so disgusted when I saw the blurb about it in People magazine today. There's a photo of Britney cuddling her new puppy in the Dec. 13 issue, page 10. The magazine says, "Britney Spears bonds with a Chihuahua she bought from a local pet store. The singer showered the pooch--who will join Spears's maltese Lacy--with accoutrements, including a snazzy hooded jacket."

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
She's such a dip.. I had heard on another forum that the dog was only 4 weeks old. If that's true, that is just amazingly sad and she's a moron for getting a dog that young. Well, at least the spotlight is off the Maltese for now!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Consider the source! I still don't think the girl can sing.

I do want to comment that for millions of people in this country it is accepted practice to purchase a puppy from a pet store. It's been done for decades and if the purchaser isn't informed they don't think anything of it one way or the other. Knowledge is power, but only if you are looking for information. I certainly think that its sad, but I can understand how it happens.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Dec 4 2004, 05:58 PM
Consider the source!  I still don't think the girl can sing.

I do want to comment that for millions of people in this country it is accepted practice to purchase a puppy from a pet store.  It's been done for decades and if the purchaser isn't informed they don't think anything of it one way or the other.  Knowledge is power, but only if you are looking for information.  I certainly think that its sad, but I can understand how it happens.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20327
[/QUOTE]
And Ms. Spears certainly isn't the brightest bulb in the pack, either. Fortunately for me, my teenie-bopper can't stand her.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Dec 4 2004, 05:58 PM
Consider the source!  I still don't think the girl can sing.

I do want to comment that for millions of people in this country it is accepted practice to purchase a puppy from a pet store.  It's been done for decades and if the purchaser isn't informed they don't think anything of it one way or the other.  Knowledge is power, but only if you are looking for information.  I certainly think that its sad, but I can understand how it happens.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20327
[/QUOTE]

You are right..... I wish some group (ASPCA, SPA, etc.) would develop some sort of strategy to educate the public on this issue. It is amazing to me that no one is doing anything!!! Soooo frustrating!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
hehee, on a brighter note, At least she's rich enough to take care of their medical bills.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
speaking of spears..when i was working at petsmart one of her people came in to buy fish for a fish tank of hers b/c she had a big fish loss (cant take care of fish...hope she can take care of a dog) any ways the manager gave the man a discount. now my question is why do you give rich people discounts. i hear of this all the time. seems really stupid to me. why not charge them more?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Dec 5 2004, 12:14 AM
speaking of spears..when i was working at petsmart one of her people came in to buy fish for  a fish tank of hers b/c she had a big fish loss (cant take care of fish...hope she can take care of a dog) any ways the manager gave the man a discount.  now my question is why do you give rich people discounts.  i hear of this all the time.  seems really stupid to me.  why not charge them more?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20370
[/QUOTE]

NO KIDDING. How backwards is that? They get free stuff all the time. They get a basket full of goodies just for attending award shows. LIKE WHAT!!!!!!!! And what about Jennifer Lopez, a person who I also find has no singing talent? I think it was Vera Wang that designed her dress for her Bennifer wedding and the deal was it's free as long as she gets publicity. But there was no wedding and Jlo wanted to keep the dress for free! How lame is that?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Dec 5 2004, 01:14 AM
speaking of spears..when i was working at petsmart one of her people came in to buy fish for  a fish tank of hers b/c she had a big fish loss (cant take care of fish...hope she can take care of a dog) <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20370
[/QUOTE]

I don't do well with fish either
My kids finally gave up asking for more...b/c they all died JUST after their store warranty was up
I think we tried it four times...with assistance from pet store/people who know what to do with the tank and water...

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Dec 5 2004, 07:19 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadyMontava
@Dec 5 2004, 01:14 AM
speaking of spears..when i was working at petsmart one of her people came in to buy fish for  a fish tank of hers b/c she had a big fish loss (cant take care of fish...hope she can take care of a dog) <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20370

I don't do well with fish either
My kids finally gave up asking for more...b/c they all died JUST after their store warranty was up
I think we tried it four times...with assistance from pet store/people who know what to do with the tank and water...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20387
[/B][/QUOTE]

they are prob harder to take of compared to dogs, but you should have come to see me, i would have saved your fish. but i figured she could hire professionals to take care of her tank, b/c some pet stores will go to your house and do everything for you and you just look at them and lower your blood pressure. :D

but seriouslyif n e one has fish questins ask away...i will have to post pics of my scaled children too :lol:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Even though I don't think anyone should purchase a dog or cat from a pet store I will say this on behalf of Spears....don't shot me...She doesn't know any better. So many people do this. I think the public needs to be educated so they know what goes on at puppymills. Most people think that dogs that are purebred and have papers are superior. We all know that this is not true. I have many friends that think I was nuts for taking the months that it took me to find a breeder when I could have just gone to the pet store on the other side of town that had maltese. I do hope that both of Spears puppies are healthy and well taken care of. I am going to go to her official website and and see if I can post a message to her. Maybe someone like her can help to get the word out about puppymills...just a thought.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Dec 5 2004, 10:35 AM
Even though I don't think anyone should purchase a dog or cat from a pet store I will say this on behalf of Spears....don't shot me...She doesn't know any better.  So many people do this.  I think the public needs to be educated so they know what goes on at puppymills.  Most people think that dogs that are purebred and have papers are superior.  We all know that this is not true.  I have many friends that think I was nuts for taking the months that it took me to find a breeder when I could have just gone to the pet store on the other side of town that had maltese.  I do hope that both of Spears puppies are healthy and well taken care of.  I am going to go to her official website and and see if I can post a message to her.  Maybe someone like her can help to get the word out about puppymills...just a thought.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20407
[/QUOTE]

I like to consider myself a fairly informed person; however, I was ignorant about pet stores, also, until about a year ago. I thought that the only reason not to buy from a pet store was the stress and problems that can happen to a puppy as a result of leaving its mother early, etc. I could see from the puppies in the store that they were not a very good representation of the breed but .....

Our Petland has a sign up saying "We don't buy from puppymills". I didn't even know there was such a thing as a broker, etc. I learned most of what I know about this from MO, this site and searching the Web. I had no idea about the genetic problems that can occur to puppies who are bred without regard to potential medical issues. I didn't realize that responsible breeders are more diligent in producing healthy pups.

Getting the word out to the public is what needs to happen but how do we do that!!??? As I said before, it seems like the large pet welfare organizations should be doing something in a big way but for some reason, they are not....

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Dec 5 2004, 11:09 AM
Getting the word out to the public is what needs to happen but how do we do that!!??? <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20408
[/QUOTE]

i think just telling ppl around us like friends, classmates, neighbors etc will help in a small way....

since im doing the project of pasadena humane society, i brought into class these printouts that i printed out from the internet about puppy mills....even the teacher didnt know about it ...i have 10 students in my class but only one guy was aware of puppymills and nobody knew anything about pet store pets

i was glad that i could at least inform that there are such things as puppy mills out there to the class...

i was REALLY happy when about 3 students asked me individually what puppy mills were AFTER CLASS so i was happy to tell them what i knew about them and about petstores..

i dont know if that would help in a big way but at least im trying to tell as many ppl as possible in a friendly way the "real truth" about doggies and cats

maybe just telling as many ppl as possible u can could help..or maybe just handing out flyers on ur own or seomthing could do something too if ur really eager to inform the public..

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I think shes isnt even capable to taking care of herself besides a dog! Shes just stupid and ignorent about the whole thing.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
You know it just occurred to me - has anyone even seen her Maltese Lacey recently? I haven't seen a single photo. How do we know that something hasn't happened to the Malt?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Dec 6 2004, 01:23 AM
You know it just occurred to me - has anyone even seen her Maltese Lacey recently?  I haven't seen a single photo.  How do we know that something hasn't happened to the Malt?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20496
[/QUOTE]
awwwwwwwwww... thats a horrible thought!! she better not have done anything to that poor thing!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Dec 6 2004, 01:23 AM
You know it just occurred to me - has anyone even seen her Maltese Lacey recently?  I haven't seen a single photo.  How do we know that something hasn't happened to the Malt?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20496
[/QUOTE]

I bet she got tired of her and dumped her on one of her assistants.. I really hope she didn't dump her at the shelter or anything worse happened. Britney is an idiot.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Mee, you certainly have the right idea about educating those around us about puppymills. Maybe they will in turn educate their circle of friends, etc.

Why not start a chain letter about puppymills, send it to your friends and have them send it to theirs, etc., etc. Well, maybe not a chain letter per se......don't promise that a miracle will happen or anything. Then again, maybe a miracle WILL happen and petstores will suddenly find their business is down and have to shut their doors as far as selling pets!

Is anyone on the forum especially good at writing? Keep it short but include the pertinent facts and add a link to prisonersofgreed.org since it will be in email form they can click on the link and get further educated.

Then we can all use the same letter and send it out en masse.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts