Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends & SM family,

I am writing to let you know that after starting SpoiledMaltese.com and running it for seven years, I have decided to retire from being owner of SM. Yesterday, I transferred ownership of SpoiledMaltese.com to a new owner, VerticalScope.

VerticalScope is a company that owns and professionally manages online communities. They have the full-time staff and infrastructure to handle all of the many demands that running a forum requires. This changeover will ensure that SM will be here for a long, long time. You will soon be introduced to "Yung Lee", who will be logged in as “Admin".

I’m sure you have lots of questions and I will try to answer the obvious ones in my remarks below. Don’t hesitate to post any other questions that I may not have covered and I will be glad to answer them.

Why did I make this decision???
This was the most difficult decision I have had to make in long time. It has been overwhelming to maintain my job, my family and be able to dedicate the time needed maintaining the technical side of the forum, such as upgrades, backups, fixing code, etc., as well as dealing with day-to-day forum issues. I haven't been able to enjoy the forum for what it is, an unbelievable collection of people from many different places, jobs, personalities, experiences, etc. In the last year I have had very little time to participate in SM like I have wanted due to all of the site’s other demands.

How is the membership affected???
Your membership won’t be affected at all. Admins and mods will remain in place as is and I will be on board as an Admin, too. As a member of the forum, just continue to enjoy it as you have done in the past. Nothing in regards to how we conduct ourselves daily will change. I will simply ask the new ownership team to make any major changes, like server updates, software upgrades, modifications, etc when required, instead of me doing it. I will still be here; I am not going anywhere, as a matter of fact I hope to be here even more! I’ll still do everything I can for anyone here, and for SM, you are my friends and family, SM is my “baby”, and always will be. Trust me when I say I want SM to continue to grow and to be the best!

So please join me in this new adventure while we make this place even better! I ask that we keep on doing what we have always done, have fun, build relationships, help each other and to make this the premiere destination for all things related to our beloved Maltese. Thank you for making this the greatest site on the internet, and thank you for allowing me to be a part of it for so long! Each and everyone of you are near and dear to my heart, you are SM, thank you all for making SpoiledMaltese what it is and what it will be!

Sincerely,
Joe

·
Administrator
702 Posts
Hello community members,

I would like to introduce myself to you: my name is Yung and I will be the new “Admin” for SpoiledMaltese.com.

A little about me: I am a dog lover. I grew up with a Doberman (with a Chinese name my parents gave to him – Sou Mei : ). He died when I was 10. As little kids (my brothers and I), I remember we use to take him to the park and just spend hours and hours playing fetch while my parents would sit and watch over us. The neighbourhood kids would join in and the three of us brothers became quite popular because of Sou-mei. Good times with him.

After a couple of years of taking a break from having a dog in the home, we got a Dalmation (don't ask why but my parents brought him home one day). We called him Cookies because he reminded us of Cookies and Cream ice cream. He was active as a pup but we trained him well and shortly, he became a very good friend to me as my brothers were growing up and headed off to university. He was a really good guard dog too because a few times, people try to break into my car and he started barking which of course, woke everyone up. He passed away a few years ago. Again, good times.

Fast forward to where I am now. Last year, my wife and I took in a Chocolate Lab. We named her Joy. She's been the joy of our lives for the past year... I know, cheesy. But my wife loves her a lot, even more than me some days. : ) I really do hope to add another dog to our family in the next 15 months. We're tight on living space right now but once that gets sorted out, we'll be adding a new dog for sure.

I hope to contribute to this community in a positive manner and be as helpful with day-to-day stuff as I can.

Let me also share a little about VerticalScope.

Our team specializes in managing online communities in different areas of interests. We bring to the table a staff and an infrastructure that can ensure SpoiledMaltese.com will be around for years to come.

What are our intentions?

Our goal is to provide the resources required to have a broader reach and attract more knowledgeable dog owners to contribute that knowledge to the community. We want to continue making this an enjoyable experience and source for Maltese fans. We have a tech staff that is essentially on call 24/7 should there be any issues with connectivity.

Will the leadership change?

Absolutely not. We believe this community is unique and to that end we will continue to support the existing rules and leaders. The Admins and Mods here are the ones that know you the best. You guys know what rules apply to this community and who all the trouble makers are. ;) Each community is vastly different from the next so it’s important that the rules and culture of this community in which you guys have been familiar with in the past stay in place to keep things the same.

What will my role be?

Well I will primarily be a technical contact. I will check the site daily to make sure that if there are issues that arise, they will be handled promptly and correctly. We will be working closely with community moderators and at time members to ensure this community is well supported. However, since I am a dog lover too, I want to contribute when I can. By no means do I claim to be the be-all-end-all dog guy...far from it. In fact, I'll probably end up learning from you guys for the most part.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns – you can post them here or send me a PM and I will love to answer as much as I can. See you guys around!

Yung

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to SM Yung

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Joe you will be dearly missed ,i wish you all the best , and hope you pop by now and then to let us know how life is treating
you ,enjoy your retirement :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Thank you for all the hard work Joe, I know how time consuming managing such a large project can be.

And welcome Yung! :biggrin: I'm sure you'll take great care of the members on this forum.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Thank you Joe for all that you have done, all the time that it has taken. This is a wonderful forum and I thank you for creating this place where I have made great friends and found so many great people. I hope that this means you will have more time to be around and enjoy your "baby" as you should.

Welcome to SM Yung, this is a great place and I'm sure you'll enjoy being here!!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
What a Surprise! Thank you Joe for everything and since you will still be around, we like that and won't lose you as a friend!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Welcome aboard Yung!!! You and your wife sound like wonderful dog owners and we are so glad to have you as our new administrator!! We love it here and will do our best to adhere to all the rules~~~~Again, a warm and heartfelt WELCOME!!!! :drinkup: :yes: :yes: :drinkup:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Wow such news! I got teary eyed reading this Joe, but knowing that you will still be on SM with us makes it all ok. YOU were the one to create this amazing community. Do you know how many human and furbaby lives you have changed when you took SM on as your baby?! It's remarkable. :grouphug: Let's toast to the SM of the past, the present day and to SM's future! :drinkup:

Thank you again for all you have done Joe! :grouphug:

A big welcome to Yung and his crew!!!! Glad to have you join us!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
QUOTE (mom2Bijou @ Sep 30 2009, 03:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=835443
Wow such news! I got teary eyed reading this Joe, but knowing that you will still be on SM with us makes it all ok. YOU were the one to create this amazing community. Do you know how many human and furbaby lives you have changed when you took SM on as your baby?! It's remarkable. :grouphug: Let's toast to the SM of the past, the present day and to SM's future! :drinkup:

A big welcome to Yung and his crew!!!! Glad to have you join us!!![/B]
What a lovely post, Tammy!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I agree with Tammy, Joe. Thank you sooo much for this site, I know we're a hand-ful sometimes. :)

Hi Yung! You have some great dogs, but you haven't lived until you had a maltese! LOL :p We re-define the word "spoiled" here. We're very passionate, maybe a little crazy, or obessesd with this breed. We may scare you. You may think some of us should be committed. But don't worry, we're completely sane. LOL I can garantee to you though that you will never see so many doggies in clothes and bows ever in your life.

·
Administrator
702 Posts
QUOTE (ilovemymaltese @ Sep 30 2009, 03:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=835455
I agree with Tammy, Joe. Thank you sooo much for this site, I know we're a hand-ful sometimes. :)

Hi Yung! You have some great dogs, but you haven't lived until you had a maltese! LOL :p We re-define the word "spoiled" here. We're very passionate, maybe a little crazy, or obessesd with this breed. We may scare you. You may think some of us should be committed. But don't worry, we're completely sane. LOL I can garantee to you though that you will never see so many doggies in clothes and bows ever in your life.[/B]
Hahaha...i can tell by the pics in your sig. :)

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Joe. we thank from the bottom of our hearts for all you have given to us. This is a wonderful family because of you and your hard work and dedication to the Maltese Breed.
Enjoy just being one of us now and please get in here and post!!!!

Welcome YUNG, from Bob and Marsha

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
QUOTE (K/C Mom @ Sep 30 2009, 03:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=835450
QUOTE (mom2Bijou @ Sep 30 2009, 03:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=835443

A big welcome to Yung and his crew!!!! Glad to have you join us!!![/B]
What a lovely post, Tammy!
[/B][/QUOTE]
:wub: Aww thanks Sher!

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Thanks, Joe, for starting and growing this wonderful site into what it is now. The best!

Welcome, Yung! I'm sure you'll find this site as rewarding as we all do. :)

Brit and Cosy

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.