Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad will be deceased one year the 27th. I didn't know if I should plan a family gathering on that evening for dinner or not.

What's the proper thing to do is? I don't want this day to be forgotten and allow to be just any other day.

Suggestions......please.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I think having a family gathering is a great way to remember your dad. My family has been doing that for my grandfather, this was the 11th year
I always love having all the family together to remember the wonderful times we all spent with my grandfather
I'm so sorry about your loss. I really think having the family together would be a good way to celebrate your dad's life. Maybe if there was some place that he loved to go to, you and your fam could go there?

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
I'm sorry to her about your dad. I lost my dad a year ago last Feb. but unfortunately I am the only one who misses him (besides his natural family). My parents were divorced and my mom has nothing nice to say about daddy so I don't even try to talk to her about him. I think a family get together sounds nice. Are your other family members at a place where they can talk about him without breaking down emotionally? If so, it might be nice to have lots of pictures of your dad out, and even a slide show if anyone can set that up for you. You might even take turns telling a favorite story about dad. I think it is wonderful that you have other family members that you can share this day with.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Sep 18 2005, 05:57 PM
My dad will be deceased one year the 27th. I didn't know if I should plan a family gathering on that evening for dinner or not.

What's the proper thing to do is? I don't want this day to be forgotten and allow to be just any other day.

Suggestions......please.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100814
[/QUOTE]

What if you do what we do for national holidays and remember his birthday rather than the day he died... like we do for Lincoln, Washington, etc. How about a more personal remembrance like lighting a memorial candle on the day he died. You can get them at the grocery store...the small votive size ones and they last exactly 24 hours. I usually light one on the day my mother died and it is so eery when the next morning the candle is out. It really does feel good to do the candle thing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts