Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to incorporate spell check while posting your topic, an option before you post? :D

I think I spell pretty well, but I posted and noticed I spelled what...waht, just simple little typing errors.

Thanks!

~Elegant

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Oct 30 2004, 05:46 PM
Sometimes I paste my posts into an e-mail and use the spell check--I'm a terrible speller! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14149
[/QUOTE]

Hi, if my post is long, I sometimes do that also... or put it in Word ... to make sure of no errors.... I hate it when I see a typo that I've made... it's great that we can edit our posts because an error is fixable.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom@Oct 30 2004, 05:18 PM
Hi, if my post is long, I sometimes do that also... or put it in Word ... to make sure of no errors....  I hate it when I see a typo that I've made... it's great that we can edit our posts because an error is fixable.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14165
[/QUOTE]
So true! I love the edit button.
Oh, I would like to be able to change the topic when you start one. Sometimes I wish I would have worded it differently! :D

~Elegant

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Oct 31 2004, 09:59 AM
Oh ialways have typos, i just type too quick.  Unless its impossible to read, Im not too worried about it.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14186
[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it bother you to have what you have written to be riddled with typos and errors? It is indeed interesting how people approach this differently. I'm not criticizing.... just fascinated at how some of us want our postings and emails to be as grammatically correct as possible, while others couldn't care less.

I wonder if those of us who want ours somewhat "perfect" see our postings and emails as a reflection of who we are, while those who are more casual about the "rules" just want to get the point across one way or another and don't care how their errors appear to those seeing them.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
no it really doesnt bother me, I guess cause this is just a forum, you know? i wouldnt put typos in my papers, or anything 'professional' but to just type my opinons and questions on here, it doesnt bother me. I guess how i type in a post in a forum doesnt seem like a true reflection of who i am because i am not typing perfectly.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie+Oct 31 2004, 11:14 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Maxismom
@Oct 30 2004, 03:23 PM
I  make plenty of errors because i type fast no big deal on this site
mis spell away
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14147
I totally agree with u Maxi's mom

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14191
[/B][/QUOTE]

Just a point you may not have thought of and I'm not speaking about either of you... just a general comment. Sometimes when I see a post that is full of typos, run-on sentences, etc., it makes me think the person writing it is uneducated and doesn't know any better. It also degrades the point they are trying to make.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom+Oct 31 2004, 10:29 AM-->
Originally posted by Caesar's [email protected] 31 2004, 11:14 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Maxismom
mis spell away

[/QUOTE]

Just a point you may not have thought of and I'm not speaking about either of you... just a general comment. Sometimes when I see a post that is full of typos, run-on sentences, etc., it makes me think the person writing it is uneducated and doesn't know any better. It also degrades the point they are trying to make.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14193
[/B][/QUOTE]

Well...good grief! :eek: I will have to double check mine more often if people think that! Not to toot my own horn, but I have a master's degree + in education and have been teaching for ten years, but I sure don't try to think really hard about how/what I am typing on here. I grade/correct my junior high students' English all day long during the week; I don't want to have to think that much when I get home. For the most part, I speak correctly and sound intelligent/educated...or I'd like to think/hope I do, so I would hope that the majority of what I type on here comes out that way also. I never dreamed that people on here would be looking/judging in that way. I just try to be laid back on here and say what I need to say quickly...so I can answer/read more posts and get something else on my "to-do" list done. I guess I will have to answer less posts and be more careful with my spelling and punctuation errors. Kinda takes the fun out of it. :ph34r:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Oct 31 2004, 01:29 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers [email protected] 31 2004, 10:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Maxismom
mis spell away

Well...good grief! :eek: I will have to double check mine more often if people think that! Not to toot my own horn, but I have a master's degree + in education and have been teaching for ten years, but I sure don't try to think really hard about how/what I am typing on here. I grade/correct my junior high students' English all day long during the week; I don't want to have to think that much when I get home. For the most part, I speak correctly and sound intelligent/educated...or I'd like to think/hope I do, so I would hope that the majority of what I type on here comes out that way also. I never dreamed that people on here would be looking/judging in that way. I just try to be laid back on here and say what I need to say quickly...so I can answer/read more posts and get something else on my "to-do" list done. I guess I will have to answer less posts and be more careful with my spelling and punctuation errors. Kinda takes the fun out of it. :ph34r:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14197
[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with u 100% tlunn, I am in my 4th and final year (not to mention a VERY busy semester) of college and will graduate in may with my BSN. being/typing on here is what i do to relax in some of my free time, the last thing i want to do or worry about is how i am typing on here, and how people are judging me based on my typing. I can see thinking down on someone who had a lot of typos in something published, but come on, this is supposed to just be a friendly and fun forum, not an editing company. I guess everyone has their own priorities, but i do have to say i have never judged someone or looked down on them on how many typos, or run-ons they have had on here in their posts.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am just a stickler when it comes to MY
spelling...I am a perfectionist, atleast that's what my personality test says

I don't care care about anyone else making spelling errors, I just thought it would be convenient to have just in case you wanted to use it...

I just thought it might be nice...

Oh, and there is nothing wrong with being a "bad" speller...I get the point!

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Oct 31 2004, 04:26 PM

I don't care care about anyone else making spelling errors, I just thought it would be convenient to have just in case you wanted to use it...

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14200
[/QUOTE]

Off the topic...but that avatar picture with your baby yawning is TOOO cute!!!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by tlunn+Oct 31 2004, 01:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Elegant
@Oct 31 2004, 04:26 PM

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14200

Off the topic...but that avatar picture with your baby yawning is TOOO cute!!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14202
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you!

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie+Oct 31 2004, 02:48 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 31 2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers [email protected] 31 2004, 10:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Maxismom
mis spell away

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14197
[/QUOTE]

I agree with u 100% tlunn, I am in my 4th and final year (not to mention a VERY busy semester) of college and will graduate in may with my BSN. being/typing on here is what i do to relax in some of my free time, the last thing i want to do or worry about is how i am typing on here, and how people are judging me based on my typing. I can see thinking down on someone who had a lot of typos in something published, but come on, this is supposed to just be a friendly and fun forum, not an editing company. I guess everyone has their own priorities, but i do have to say i have never judged someone or looked down on them on how many typos, or run-ons they have had on here in their posts.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14199
[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with tlunn and Caesar's Mommie. I come on here to relax. This is supposed to be a fun place to come. I would never judge someone on there typing. It is too easy to make mistakes. A lot of times I'm in a hurry to post something and don't even reread it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom+Oct 31 2004, 09:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@Oct 31 2004, 09:59 AM
Oh ialways have typos, i just type too quick.  Unless its impossible to read, Im not too worried about it.

Doesn't it bother you to have what you have written to be riddled with typos and errors? It is indeed interesting how people approach this differently. I'm not criticizing.... just fascinated at how some of us want our postings and emails to be as grammatically correct as possible, while others couldn't care less.

I wonder if those of us who want ours somewhat "perfect" see our postings and emails as a reflection of who we are, while those who are more casual about the "rules" just want to get the point across one way or another and don't care how their errors appear to those seeing them.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14187
[/B][/QUOTE]

it doesnt bother me either because this isnt that type of a forum we don't criticize eachother and sometimes we are in a rush sounds to me your post is trying to ignite a debate and actually is coming off rather condescending! if i am reading you wrong than i apologize but i dont think so... -_-

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom+Nov 1 2004, 11:49 AM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers [email protected] 31 2004, 09:55 AM

[/QUOTE]

it doesnt bother me either because this isnt that type of a forum we don't criticize eachother and sometimes we are in a rush sounds to me your post is trying to ignite a debate and actually is coming off rather condescending! if i am reading you wrong than i apologize but i dont think so... -_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14250
[/B][/QUOTE]

I was hoping to avoid perpetuating this topic. However, it would be rude not to respond. I was not being condescending. I was trying to be polite and respectful and trying to help us understand our differences. I am sorry if I offended you. It certainly was not my intention.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom+Nov 1 2004, 11:44 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers [email protected] 31 2004, 09:55 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14250
I was hoping to avoid perpetuating this topic. However, it would be rude not to respond. I was not being condesending. I was trying to be polite and respectful and trying to help us understand our differences. I am sorry if I offended you. It certainly was not my intention.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14274
[/B][/QUOTE]

There are other sites that can be rather obnoxious to posters when they mis spell or they write run on sentences (which i always do) because like i said before i don't really care how someone gets there point across as long as we know what that poster is saying. I just feel spoiledmaltese.com is a great place to post about our babies and its not about who spells properly, or who uses proper grammer
we are a happy bunch, we don't put anyone down on this site and im hoping that is the way it stays, when you responded i found that your post was a bit condescending but if you say thats not how you meant it than no hard feelings

·
Registered
707 Posts
I too agree with Maxi's mom and Tlunn. I come here to relax. I'm the head of a publishing department and all I do is check for spelling and grammar errors all day long. I actually have a grammar "guru" that does this for me. I come here to just speak my mind and not double check on my error. If people are coming to this site to check my spelling, then they definitely have too much time on their hands.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts