Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Been a while since I have posted, but I am sad to say I am losing my beloved Samson to what may be a splenic mass- he has not been well for the past 3 weeks and several trips to the vet leave me a little confused to wanting a second opinion. Even though my daughter, who is an LVT told me otherwise that he has spleen cancer and is slowly bleeding out. I am beside myself because his bio sister, Delilah is a year old is healthy as a horse. They have both always been healthy, fed good quality food, and have never had any issues. I am heartbroken to even think that my sweet boy will not be with us much longer. Has anyone ever dealt with this in their Maltese? We lost my Moms Pitt due to his spleen rupturing this past spring and he went fast. I just don't want my poor boy to suffer. Dr told me to just take him home and enjoy him, that we may have days or we have may have a weeks.

·
Premium Member
17,447 Posts
I have no experience w/this. I am so, so sorry!

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
I have no experience, but want to say how sorry I am that you're going through this.

·
Premium Member
17,447 Posts
I reread your posting & now I remember who you are---it was a long time since we had news from you & my memory is slippery.
I pray God's peace on you---this is horrific---no loss is greater than losing one quickly like this. I am so, so sorry.

·
Super Moderator
9,667 Posts
I am so sorry. Humans can live without a spleen - can it be removed. In humans the issue is they are more susceptible to infections.

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
I’m so sorry. Walter is correct. Humans can live without a spleen. Can they remove Samson’s spleen and mass?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Laura, so sorry about Sampson. Unless the cancer has spread, dogs can live without a spleen also. I’m sure your vet knows that.
Prayers for you and Sampson.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all... Sadly my sweet boy went on with the rest of our beloved pets. He wasn't getting better and it was so hard watching him deteriorate. I appreciate the prayers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts