Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Yall....I have gotten a message pop up on a red screen that says..."This website has been reported as unsafe...We recommend that you do not continue to this website....This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information." I just keep ignoring it and logging on anyway because I can't believe that Spoiled Maltese would let that happen. I'm wondering what is going on....Has anyone else had this message??? What would yall do?

Hugs, Blanche

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the fast replies yall.....I need to get my husband to do a check on my puter I guess.

Hugs, Blanche

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
It's not SM, it's your computer who is infected with something. You need to do a scan for Malware. I am using Malwarebytes but you can use another program. Could also be that you have a virus. Hope not.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
nope, I got that on Saturday as I tried to log into chat. My computer was very recently overhauled so I wonder if it has something to do with (1) this site or (2) the host or (3) Internet Explorer (4) your anti-virus software.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I don't use Internet Explorer (I use Firefox) and I don't have any anti-virus software installed. It did not happen to me but since this bothered me, I just run Malwarebytes with the latest updates. It found 7 infections and all 7 were from Rogue anti-virus (not sure of the spelling).

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
It is some sort of "evil thing" originating from some site or email - never sure where. If it pops up, it's best to close it with the red X and not click OK or go to their site as that's often when the trouble begins.

I get it once in a blue moon if I've been using Google a lot, but I've never gotten it from SM.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
You know what ? since I cleaned up those 7 infections Spoiled Maltese is running faster. I was almost going to mention something about it to Yung. It started loading between threads slower in the last couple of days and it had something to do with advertising.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Is it red and and it ask you if you want to proceed or go back to safety? If it is that sometimes happens and the site is entirely safe. I have had that happen (rarely) on other sites that I frequent often and just out of the blue that will pop up randomly.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
For those of you who don't have anti-virus protection. You can download AVG for free. Its what I use in conjunction with zone alarm and I have never had a virus. I also use window washer and advanced system care. To erase all cookies, cache, etc each time my browser closes and I defrag once a week.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Yes, SM can be "unsafe" in that it encourages us to expand our furbabies' wardrobe and grooming supplies....

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I think one of the reasons I've never had any problems is that I have a Mac and and it's not as susceptible to viruses and malware as a PC, thank goodness.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I think one of the reasons I've never had any problems is that I have a Mac and and it's not as susceptible to viruses and malware as a PC, thank goodness.
I have a Mac also and it happened to me one time the other day on a different forum. I don't know why? I personally don't think it's a virus or anything, I feel it's a new scheme someone came up with it..JMO

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I have a Mac also and it happened to me one time the other day on a different forum. I don't know why? I personally don't think it's a virus or anything, I feel it's a new scheme someone came up with it..JMO
okay, that's scary! Who are these people who have so much time to come up with these things?

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
okay, that's scary! Who are these people who have so much time to come up with these things?
I don't know, but probably another ploy to get your info and do harm ?
It only happened once , but I don't know why I have the feeling it's some kind of scheme . I am not really worried about it.
My mac wont even let me open specific pictures so I can't see a virus getting into it. .

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
You know what ? since I cleaned up those 7 infections Spoiled Maltese is running faster. I was almost going to mention something about it to Yung. It started loading between threads slower in the last couple of days and it had something to do with advertising.
Hmmm...ok now I'm a bit nervous too. I've not had any of those messages come up but have noticed that sometimes it takes forever to get into a thread. Usually is says it's waiting on ads from VerticalScope. I've actually had to hit the refresh button to get it to finally load. The only other place I have to do that is FB. :( And just this past week I've lost connection with the site when responding to a thread or a PM and hit 'Reply'. Sometimes hitting the refresh button or 'try again' works, sometimes it doesn't.

I have ESet Security on both of my Computers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts