Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any luck in finding a good home for lizzie? please, keep us informed.

i wanted to post this in the other thread but it was closed

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have been in contact with Spottypoo. We chat on a regular basis. She does not feel inclined to share her personal experiences with the forum any more.
(
I wonder why?
)

She is the one that requested Joe close the thread. The personal attacks were way out of line. It is one thing to offer suggestions and opinions, but the personal attacks could have been left off. My grandma always taught me..."If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!"

Lizzie will be fine. Regardless of Spottypoo's ultimate decision. She is a smart mommy and she will do what is best for Lizzie.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess i can understand.

still. a lot of us still care what's going on. whatever i think about her decision to give up lizzie, i still care and want to know what's happening to lizzie.

oh well.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Jun 2 2005, 12:33 PM
I have been in contact with Spottypoo. We chat on a regular basis. She does not feel inclined to share her personal experiences with the forum any more. 
(
I wonder why?
  )

She is the one that requested Joe close the thread. The personal attacks were way out of line. It is one thing to offer suggestions and opinions, but the personal attacks could have been left off. My grandma always taught me..."If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!"

Lizzie will be fine. Regardless of Spottypoo's ultimate decision. She is a smart mommy and she will do what is best for Lizzie. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68211
[/QUOTE]

I too "speak" with her on the "outside", can you all blame her for not responding. The personal attacks were totally uncalled for and in VERY poor taste. I too will say to trust that where ever Lizzie goes will be with heartfelt thought, prayers and tears from her Momma....

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Jun 2 2005, 12:33 PM
(
I wonder why?
  )

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68211
[/QUOTE]
I thought some were way hard on her too. The personal attacks were cruel. I don't understand no matter if you agree with someone's post or not--why get personal and so hurtful? I wish the best for HER and Lizzie-I know she'll do whats best. Please let her know that some of us do care about her. I'm sorry it came to this.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Chelsey@Jun 2 2005, 06:08 PM
I too wish her well in her search for a new home for her puppy.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68310
[/QUOTE]

I sent a couple PM's the night of the slander on her. The reply I got made me feel she really loved her dog, and she would do what was best for both. It is really a shame that the posts got so nasty. I would hope that it never happens again. In my opinion, how can one say they have a love for a dog, yet have such hatred in their heart for a human being?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou@Jun 2 2005, 06:19 PM
It is really a shame that the posts got so nasty.  I would hope that it never happens again.  In my opinion, how can one say they have a love for a dog, yet have such hatred in their heart for a human being?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68319
[/QUOTE]

You are SO right!
Very good statement!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I think it is important to use something all adults should have and that is "restraint". There may be times when any number of us may want to say something mean to someone. Just because we can, doesn't mean we should.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jun 2 2005, 06:44 PM
I think it is important to use something all adults should have and that is "restraint".  There may be times when any number of us may want to say something mean to someone. Just becaue we can, doesn't mean we should.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68335
[/QUOTE]

Right on!

Goes back to the "If you can't say something nice" theory!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I to talk with Spottypoo "outside" and have been for a while now since we live near each other. She has tried many ways to deal with her puppy.

She post her problems and we all responded with what help we could offer. Then when she posted that she surrendered, I was sad of the response she received. Some things in life just don't work out the way we expected them to. I was proud that she was willing to find Lizzie that perfect home.

Many times after I brought Puddles home, I wanted to give up and thanks to my husband, he would remind me he's a puppy and would take over. So in one perspective I kinda know where she's coming from.

I wish her and Lizzie all the luck and hope things go well for them both.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Can't we just all get along?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I think Lizzie's mom was reaching out trying to come to terms with her decision and any kind words of encouragement would have helped her immensely.
Unfortunately in a site where there are so many people there will always be people who don't agree, it is human nature. Personal attacks are definately hurtful to the person receiving them, and most likely intended to do just that.
I think Lizzie's mom made her dicision with a lot of heartfelt thought and I am sure she will place her puppy into a loving home with someone who will give her the care and attention she feels she can no longer give. I also think this decision is breaking her heart right now and she needs all the compassion she can get to get through this trying time.
I for one wish her well and admire her for having the courage to realize that Lizzie will be happier elsewhere rather than being kept simply because of what others may think.
Let's all get behind Spottypoo and open our hearts, heaven knows we all have had to make hard dicisions at some point in our lives.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I must say that the other thread was one that made me cry...this is a woman who has a disease which is causing havoc in her life (no matter if others have it or not, this is her experience with the disease), and she wanted a lap dog to help ease some of her pain (maybe depression, fear, loneliness, etc.) She tried every thing she knew how and asked others for help too....she loved that little one enough to say that it would have a better life with someone else...it took courage and much love to do what she did for the betterment of the little one.

I really thought she was attacked which I have not seen often on this site...I hope I don't again.

Just please remember...there but for the grace of God go I.

I hope she knows there are many on this site who admire her abililty to make the hard choice.

Susan

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
There are so many posts on this thread that I so totally agree with
This is the point alot of us have been trying to get across for a VERY long time.I hope poor spottypoo will come back and join us.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Jun 3 2005, 09:53 AM
I think Lizzie's mom was reaching out trying to come to terms with her decision and any kind words of encouragement would have helped her immensely.
Unfortunately in a site where there are so many people there will always be people who don't  agree, it is human nature. Personal attacks are definately hurtful to the person receiving them, and most likely intended to do just that.
I think Lizzie's mom made her dicision with a lot of heartfelt thought and I am sure she will place her puppy into a loving home with someone who will give her the care and attention she feels she can no longer give. I also think this decision is breaking her heart right now and she needs all the compassion she can get to get through this trying time.
I for one wish her well and admire her for having the courage to realize that Lizzie will be happier elsewhere rather than being kept simply because of what others may think.
Let's all get behind Spottypoo and open our hearts, heaven knows we all have had to make hard dicisions at some point in our lives.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68537
[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% .

1 - 20 of 87 Posts