Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone was doing anything special for spring break? My kids are college age and I still got invited to spring break! Isn't that cool? Truthfully, I think it has to do with me PAYING, but I'm still happy to be asked. Oldest daughter and I have done 3 spring breaks - all mother/daughter trips with her sorority at college. Once we did a cruise, last year we went to Vegas and this year we are going to Disney World. Youngest daughter usually wouldn't be caught dead with me, but this year she suggested the trip to WDW. Her boyfriend is going to NASCAR and she didn't want to do a wild beach week. We are leaving on Saturday and flying to Orlando, renting a car, and staying on the WDW property at Shades of Green. Being able to stay there is the one and only benefit that we get from my husband having been in the Navy and staying in the reserves. It is right next to the Polynesian and even though we pay the highest price (based on rank) it is a STEAL. We pay $104 a night, with no tax, for a room with 2 queen beds and couch. It is really nice, having just reopened after a 2 year + renovation. And we get greatly reduced tickets. I'll miss the babies, but hubby will handle that end and I have a high school girl coming twice during the day to play with them. We're going to be gone for 4 nights.

We go to Disney often enough that we don't care about the rides too much, but sure do love walking around, eating, and just being on vacation.

What are YOU doing?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Wow! Thats sounds great!! Unfortunately I have nothing planned...
just working and moving... I hate moving :excl: I wish I could pay someone to do it but then again I don't trust anyone...
I have yet to get to WDW; my one best friend is dying to go! Shes a Mickey fanatic :lol: My 2 best friends and I are trying to work something out for next year... Its hard though when we are all in different states!
I hope you and your daughters have a safe, wonderful & very fun trip!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Our Spring Break is in two weeks. Normally, we would go visit family in Oklahoma...but this year hubby can't go that week b/c of work responsibilities...and I don't make that long drive by myself with the kids. The world is too scary nowadays. I did it once with them, and was a nervous wreck the entire way!
I made the trip alone 100 while in college, but with kids...now it is different.
Anyway, we can't afford to fly us there...so we are not going. I hate that I won't get to see my neice and nephew!

The kids and I will stay home and probably do some spring cleaning. Hopefully the weather is nice, but with such an early break, I am not counting on it.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Gosh, with no kids in school and not being a teacher, I never even know that Spring Break is happening! On Saturday I may be in the middle of the Spring Break exodus though, as I am flying to Atlanta for the day to see my neice in the Roxie role of Chicago for her high school spring musical. So, I guess my Spring Break is just a day in length!

Susan, your trip sounds wonderful ..... and what a great rate you're getting...oh my goodness. What fun!!!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I hope you have lots of fun!
I never got to go away for spring break when i was in college...
Now that I am in the REAL working world... I will be working for spring break.
Come to think of it... i dont think i have been on vacation in about 15yrs...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I will be heading down to Daytona Beach at the end of April to visit my boyfriend for 4 days. He leaves next Tuesday to finish school down there, so I am going to make a visit for a few days.
I am excited already...sad he is leaving soon, but excited I get to leave Michigan for a few days.

·
Registered
240 Posts
No big plans here....driving out this weekend to St. Louis to pick up my sister's havanese puppy but that's the only excitement we have going on. That's probably going to be more than enough! We are going to stay at Harrah's on Saturday night so we can have a little mini-break before we pick up Brutus.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I don't have any real big plans. I am now in my leadership and management clinical rotation where basically we are treated as a grad nurse instead of student nurse and we have a CTA work with us, so I am going to try to get some of those days knocked out of the way during my break ( we have to do 7 shifts total).

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I am going with my mom to look at colleges. That i proubly wont be able to get into once my grades from this quarter, which i missed 3 weeks of for being sick, come out)

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
We always go down to DC for the Easter Egg Hunt and to see the Cherry Blossoms...if we are lucky enough to time it right. We always go to Disney the first week that school lets out. We aren't going this year, since I'm on a bit of a Disney overload.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by saltymalty@Mar 7 2005, 05:12 PM
We aren't going this year, since I'm on a bit of a Disney overload.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40925
[/QUOTE]

Haha! I hear that. I haven't been in few years because I just got tired of going. After a bunch of trips to other places, I'm ready to go back now.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Sounds like quite a few of you have great plans for Spring Break! Good for you! I used to get one of my granddaughters for Spring Break and we would have the best time together but now one spends her Spring Break with her Dad at the coast and the other is in Florida and it is just too expensive to fly her here now because the airlines upped the age on the unaccompanied minor fee so we have to pay an extra $160 on her ticket because she is under 15 traveling alone. Bummer! I really miss her because she and I have always been close since she was born.

In fact, she was Pico's first Parent until she and her family realized they didn't have time for a puppy with a teen in Competitive Swimming, a toddler with Diabetes and a two job household. Enter Nana and exit Nana with a 4 month old Maltese!

So, even if you are not going anywhere or doing anything special for Spring Break, remember........it is SPRING! Break. Our redbuds are blooming and tulips are up and trees are leaving out. It's SPRING!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Mar 6 2005, 10:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone was doing anything special for spring break?  My kids are college age and I still got invited to spring break!  Isn't that cool?  Truthfully, I think it has to do with me PAYING, but I'm still happy to be asked.  Oldest daughter and I have done 3 spring breaks - all mother/daughter trips with her sorority at college.  Once we did a cruise, last year we went to Vegas and this year we are going to Disney World.  Youngest daughter usually wouldn't be caught dead with me, but this year she suggested the trip to WDW.  Her boyfriend is going to NASCAR and she didn't want to do a wild beach week. We are leaving on Saturday and flying to Orlando, renting a car, and staying on the WDW property at Shades of Green.  Being able to stay there is the one and only benefit that we get from my husband having been in the Navy and staying in the reserves.  It is right next to the Polynesian and even though we pay the highest price (based on rank) it is a STEAL.  We pay $104 a night, with no tax, for a room with 2 queen beds and couch.  It is really nice, having just reopened after a 2 year + renovation.  And we get greatly reduced tickets.  I'll miss the babies, but hubby will handle that end and I have a high school girl coming twice during the day to play with them.  We're going to be gone for 4 nights.

We go to Disney often enough that we don't care about the rides too much, but sure do love walking around, eating, and just being on vacation.

What are YOU doing?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40606
[/QUOTE]

Sounds exciting. Since we aren't on a school schedule, we are doing our break whenever we have time, which won't be for another month or two. We will probably go to see my parents in Miami, Florida since during winter break we visited my in-laws in NY (and my parents are complaining!!).

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
We will be remodeling our master bath--
-- wish we were going somewhere and doing something fun.. but am looking forward to this also!!
(except for the mess, inconvenience, etc. etc.)

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
spring break? whats that heheh...i will be seeing patients, and making them feel better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts