Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 60 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Congratulations Jacki,
You have been there for so many of us and I am truly happy for you.
I know you have been so patient waitting for your perfect one and I know you will be a great mom.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
YYIIIPPEEE!!!! Puppy kisses galore........take lots of pics. Can't wait to see the little guy.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Okay friends, in less than 48 hours my baby should be in my arms!!!!!!

Hey, now I can finally come out of the corner.......that's a good feeling too!

Cathy[/B]
Aww Cathy!!!! Sooo true ... you are about to step out of the corner my friend.

[/B]
Jacki,
We felt sorry for Cathy after you left chat Saturday night and let her out of the corner.

Cathy,
You can stay out an play. No more corners.
[/B]
OH I am so glad!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Okay, how's a girl supposed to focus on WORK when in 26 hours, I will be leaving work to go and get my baby??????

Not to mention the report I'm working on is driving me batty.

I seriously need to work from home, this office is sucking away my life, and next week, when I know Sprout is at home waiting for me, it will be even worse.

Sprout is coming, Sprout is coming, tomorrow!!!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I got a letter from Sprout just now ...

The sun is shining here and it is nice and warm. My mom told me that it is now warm enough to go on the big plane to a wonderful family who adopted me. She told me that you will be my new mom and will love and take care of me. She said you have been patient and have been waiting a long time for me. I'm excited about the adventure. I promise not to be scared on the plane. My mom has been getting me ready. She has been doing this for a long time, and she said it will be OK. I trust her.

Monday, she bought this box or crate for me to ride in. Then, she bought me a new bed and made sure I will have a place for food and water. Yesterday, she took me to a nice lady who just poked and prodded on me. She put this thing to my heart, and she checked something called patella. She asked mom a lot of questions, and said she would be like to get one like me from my mom. She is a vet. I heard they give shots, so I don't know if that is good or not. My mom gave me some, and they didn't hurt. I didn't even cry. She asked mom if all her dogs were so calm. She doesn't know about our games at home because we can be wild. She said I weight 2 1/2 pounds, but I'm a little heavier on mom's food scales. She kept rubbing my hair and making sweet sounds. Maybe vets are OK.

Tonight, I get another bath. They aren't so bad because I get a good brushing before I have to get into the water. Then, I get brushed and dried. I hope mom remembers the conditioner because sometimes she forgets, and I have a bad hair day. I did have hair that stuck up on the top of my head, and I looked funny. Now, I can wear bands and have a top knot. Sometime I keep them in all day, but sometime I play with my friends and loose them.

I will miss my friends here. I hope when I get to my new home, I will have some to play with. I also like toys, but sometime I try to kill them, and mom just laughs and gives me more. Will you do that too? I'm going to bring some of mine with me, but not the lion because he has no stuffing. I killed him good. Mom said you have a hotty there. Is that a toy for me?

I was also told you have a group of friends on something called Spoiled Maltese. Some of my brothers and sisters have moms who are on that site too. It must be a nice place.

We have to get up in the middle of the night to go to something called an airport. We have to leave home at 4:45 am to be there by 5:30 am. Mom doesn't like to get up early, but she said you are such a nice lady, and that is the only way we can get you there this time of year. I leave at 7:15 and I will be on the plane a little over an hour. Mom will wait with me until it is time for my plane to leave. Mom said she has your cell number, and she will give you a call when she leaves the airport. I will go to Atlanta where I will have something called a "layover". Mom said these nice folks will drive up to the plane in a nice little truck and take me to an office to wait in a nice warm room until I can get on the plane again. I'll have food with me, but I don't know if I'll get a snack. I'll get an early breakfast before I leave home, so I might not be hungry. After I stay in the office a couple hours, I will get to ride in the truck again to go to another plane. I will be on that one almost two and one half hours. Then, mom says, you will be waiting for me. She said you would give me a lot of hugs and kisses. I love hugs. My mom gives me some every day. I'll try not to lick my butt so it will be OK for you to kiss me.
Until tomorrow.
Sprout

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
OMG...that is the sweetest thing. It even made me tear up. Your breeder sounds wonderful and the little Sproutster sounds like he is all set.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Ah, grab the kleenex before reading that letter! What a wonderful breeder you have found! I can't wait until the big reveal when we find where Sprout came from!

I am so excited for you! I hope you are planning on taking lots of pictures!

41 - 60 of 199 Posts