Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well i know feel like i am not taking very good care of sunny when i post asking about this but just to say he is totally clean except for the red tinted paw and the black spot on his back....so anyone know how i get this stuff out? i dont want to use anything really strong on him i have been just waiting for the red paint to go away and it almost gone but this black spot (i think its ink) just showed up so i was wondering if any ofyou know what i can do to clean it up, or at least tell me this happens to otehr peopel to

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
"red tinted paw and the black spot on his back"

Can you post a picture I'm really confused, not sure if you mean paint got on him or maybe it just pigment your referfing too.

Maltese to tend to get little black or brown spots on there skin like big freckels .. is that what you mean. If it is then it is normal

The red tint i can't finger that comment out

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Feb 7 2005, 09:56 PM
Alright well i know feel like i am not taking very good care of sunny when i post asking about this but just to say he is totally clean except for the red tinted paw and the black spot on his back....so anyone know how i get this stuff out? i dont want to use anything really strong on him i have been just waiting for the red paint to go away and it almost gone but this black spot (i think its ink) just showed up so i was wondering if any ofyou know what i can do to clean it up, or at least tell me this happens to otehr peopel to 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34116
[/QUOTE]

What did he get into?!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK the red on his paw i know is red spray paint when happened was my mom was spray painting our patio furnature red and sunny got a little to close, now the black spot i am just assuming is ink it just showed up like i gave hima bath then an hour later he has a black spot, its on the fur not the skin i red is almost gone so i am not to worried about it but it happened over a month ago so for a long time it was bad lol i just wanted to know if anyone had an idea how to clean some of this stuff off i tried just soap and water it didnt get it off i really dont want to use anything super strong but maybe there is a product made just for this type thing? it dosnt really bother me i will let it fade if thats all i can do about it but he does look kinda funny

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I rescued a cat one time that someone had spray-painted blue! :eek: He was a beautiful silky black, but some moron had sprayed him with blue swirls everywhere!!!
I took him home and tried everything to get it off...my last resort was fingernail polish remover
. It worked for the most part...got the majority of it off...so you only noticed the blue if you REALLY looked. I gave him a double bathing afterwards and it never seemed to bother him.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe i will try a little nail polish remover i just worry that might burn a little bit

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Feb 8 2005, 04:50 PM
maybe i will try a little nail polish remover i just worry that might burn a little bit
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34262
[/QUOTE]

I tried to jumt get it on the hair, and not the skin. I am sure some of it got on the skin, but wash it quickly and it should be ok. On our own skin, it doesn't really burn unless you have a cut or something...
Anyway, it might not be the best idea, but it was my last resort, and it did work. I double worried b/c the cats lick themselves...but I washed him really well...and he was fine!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh just to add this when i came home from school today sunny's face was blue! liek bright blue apparently my mom was putting that blueing stuff for ponds into out pond and sunny got to close lol.....i knew i was gonna have trouble with a white dog, maltese need to come in other colors lol

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Feb 9 2005, 06:06 PM
Oh just to add this when i came home from school today sunny's face was blue! liek bright blue apparently my mom was putting that blueing stuff for ponds into out pond and sunny got to close lol.....i knew i was gonna have trouble with a white dog, maltese need to come in other colors lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34509
[/QUOTE]
HAHA, what a lil' turkey! :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Feb 9 2005, 07:06 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34509
[/QUOTE]

Ha!!! What a mess he must be!!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I was going to say if it is just a black spot on the skin not visible . you may be able to wait until it fades from baths.

But now seems puppy is all bule so I guess te little black doesn't matter anymore

I hope sunny is ok

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh sunny is just fine he dosnt notice a thing is wrong its just me it bothers...he looks like i never bath him but i just gave him a bath this weekend
i try to take such good care of him i wish it looked like i did

1 - 12 of 12 Posts