Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally starting the holiday decorating. I got the tree up and will wait for Al to help put all the goodies on..that's the fun part.

I started a little decorating in the family room. I hung big bulbs from the ceiling,we used to hang these in the store,wish I'd gotten piccies at the time....
Put some evergreen lighted garland and a violin on the fireplace and some ribbon on the mantle...

It's a start anyway...

Anyone else decorating as late as me?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I haven't even started decorating! Since there aren't any kids here, hard to get excited! We will take our 4.5 y.o. granddaughter to get our tree. It's a tradition for she and Popeye to play hide and seek in the trees before buying one. I think last year we got the tree up a few days before Christmas and took it down the day after.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
It looks great Michelle and it is looking like Christmas!:thumbsup:
I have everything decorated and just have a few more things to wrap. Times going so fast it'll be here soon.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't even started decorating! Since there aren't any kids here, hard to get excited! We will take our 4.5 y.o. granddaughter to get our tree. It's a tradition for she and Popeye to play hide and seek in the trees before buying one. I think last year we got the tree up a few days before Christmas and took it down the day after.

Same here we don't have kids at home but it's just fun to have a reason to liven up the place ,especially in the winter time,it gets so dreary.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
You indisputably have a european presence.

What a lovely atmosphere that you have created for your family. It looks great Michelle! You are such a warm, loving person.

I’ll be glad when your g’baby gets home! :)

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me too,I can't wait,I have a huge stocking full of toys and treats for them,I got them from the health food store,they have a pet section.

I love decorating and doing DIY projects.I'm doing one in the bathroom right now,but it'll take about a week,if I work at it steady. I started on it last week,building a shelf ,supported by 3 corbels and will have a plaster frieze on the top. Still debating if I want to frame in the mirror,and I probably will.

Gives me something to do on long boring evenings...hubby never knows what project he'll come home to.
I told him about hanging the bulbs from the ceiling,he wasn't sure he'd like that in the house,he got home and he added a few more... I'm such a bad influence...:innocent:

We're going to do a big project,probably in the spring when it gets warmer,since we'll have to turn off some electricity and reroute some outlets and the thermostat. Luckily we know how to run electricity,my dad was an electrician.....

We're going to open up the walls between the family room and living room,to make it more open. Plan on doing two archways,one on each side of the fireplace. It'll help the flow of heat and cooling too.

It'll brighten up the place. Funsies,I can't wait!:innocent:

Our house was built in the 80's and the rooms are more closed off to each other so I want to change it a bit w/o dealing w/ removing walls,especially load bearing walls.
It was kinda country but we've slowly gotten rid of that look and done a more Tuscan look to it,which we both love...

I can't wait until we move to Florida,so I can go crazy on our next house.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
very pretty ! i havemt started n i have kids! but blame that on my foot !! i will hopefully start this week .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts