Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Static in hair

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Happinesstogo 
#1 ·
What hair products does everyone use to keep static away? TIA!

See less See more
#6 ·
My maltese-wanna-be (shown in icon) doesn't have the same hair as my real Maltese that passed away. The one I have now doesn't really require much. He has lots of hair. Don't know what breed gave him that. My vet insists that he has to be a Maltese or a Maltese mix, but that's not what the DNA says. Anyway, for my real Maltese and my wanna-be I found Chris Christianson products worked well and use Lavish (no tear) for the face and head. I have Ice and a few other products, but he doesn't seem to require more than a daily brushing. Oh, I seldom blow dry him. I only have a regular blow dryer and I think it would dry his coat out.

#5 ·
I use the Chris Christensen products. I dilute the after bath conditioner and apply liberally, let it sit for about 5 minutes then rinse. Before I dry her I use the Ice on Ice spray in conditioner and then the Silk Spirits working with my hands from the ends up. That really seams to help with static and mats. I use the Ice on Ice sprayed on the brush when I brush her every day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.