Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sweetie, a rescue, has since day one of having her, had an OBSESSION with finding metal objects around the house and chewing on them!!!!

Yesterday, I found a "stash" of three objects she was chewing on behind the sofa. She had a paperclip, a penny and a register screw (from heat register)

I thought when I first got her, it was becasue she was caged for so long without any freedom, and that she may have been chewing on her cage, hence the need for metal.

But she is free now!!!!!!! What gives??? she LOVES metal things. She is NOT anemic, which I suspected at first. But loves to "lick" rust, or metal.

Seems no matter how careful my hubby & I are, we drop a paperclip, or a coin, and by golly, she finds it!!!

Strange little creature she is............but God I love her!!!

Anyone have a similar problem with canine obsessive compulsive disorder???

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Little C has a tissue fetish. If I ever leave a box on the floor, I can count on coming home to an artistic display of shredded tissue. But, she prefers the dirty ones...she's not picky on whether or not they are fresh...I think it's the quantity of snot involved rather than the quality.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Oct 17 2005, 06:59 AM
Little C has a tissue fetish.  If I ever leave a box on the floor, I can count on coming home to an artistic display of shredded tissue.  But, she prefers the dirty ones...she's not picky on whether or not they are fresh...I think it's the quantity of snot involved rather than the quality.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110436
[/QUOTE]

Omg I am sitting here eating my oatmeal and I read this....
Scooby's fetish is squeeky toys, he is lost without them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Aww how funny for you! So cute

Lets see, at least its not every single thing in the house, man-made or natural (including recycled). Phoebe will find and chew anything. I mean anything. One day I am going to put together an album of just photos of her with something hanging out of her mouth or on her face. She doesnt hide though. She is so used to us digging in her mouth, pretty soon I expect she's just going to automatically "open" when she sees us coming at her :D

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Oct 17 2005, 06:59 AM
Little C has a tissue fetish.  If I ever leave a box on the floor, I can count on coming home to an artistic display of shredded tissue.  But, she prefers the dirty ones...she's not picky on whether or not they are fresh...I think it's the quantity of snot involved rather than the quality.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110436
[/QUOTE]
Peanut shares Little C's tissue fetish, but his other favorite is any kind of leaf...it could still be growing on a bush or a dried leaf that has fallen to the ground. I would call it an obsession...one time I was holding him trying to get him acquainted with a friend of mine who happened to be holding an indoor plant that I bought for her and Peanut just shot his head out towards the plant and snatched a leaf right off of it
. It really looked like he just 'needed a fix'
. It's so bad that I scoped out our walking route for toxic plants just to be safe.

Tic's obsession is any bag that gets brought into the house, whether it be a purse or a shopping bag...the little turkey has to jump right in and he doesn't even care if he can't fit, he'll keep trying until we finish putting everything away

·
Registered
545 Posts
Wally eats everything! I'm constantly trying to pry is little mouth open to find whatever he has now! Besides MANY shoes and toys, he has destroyed a cell phone, a corkless phone, 2 remote controls, the new JC. Penney Christmas catalog, many magazines, phone books and every bug and locust he can catch. Have you ever heard the sound a live locust makes inside the mouth of a Malt? I thought Wally had a motor. That was in the middle of the night, and I WASN'T going to pull it out!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'd have to say Kylee's obsession is paper/ cardboard. SHe loves ripping it all up into little peices that mom then has to clean up one by one. She loves those rolls that the toilet paper comes on...they would keep her busy for hours when she was a little baby.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ice. Izzy is obsessed with ice. She comes flying from any room of the house the instant she hears someone at the ice dispenser on the fridge. She loves crushed ice but will appreciate any type. I give her ice chips for a special good-girl treat. After her brushing or bath, we walk to the fridge, I ask her if she was good enough to get her very special treat and she sits down in anticipation. How lucky for me that her special treat is so cheap and accessible.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG, YES!!!!!! Buddy likes to "catch" flies mid air!!!! It is a game........He has conked his head a few times on the table trying to get them........but when he does......I can hear the fly buzzing inside......He usually lets it out......and the game begins again!!!!

They are so funny to watch!!!:HistericalSmiley:

I Understand about the Locust!!!!!!!!!! big time!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by Baxter and Wally's Mom@Oct 17 2005, 04:08 PM
Have you ever heard the sound a live locust makes inside the mouth of a Malt? I thought Wally had a motor. That was in the middle of the night, and I WASN'T going to pull it out!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110625
[/QUOTE]

Crossing my fingers I never have to deal with a "motorized" Phoebe!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Besides having to take out every single toy and scatter them across the floor when he's playing, Codi likes to take the "dust bunnies" he finds when we sweep the floors. He'll take as many as he can and successfully thwarts our sweeping plans! Everything is scattered across the floor and he's got this nasty dirty dust bunny hanging from his mouth! And of course he has to fight with me to take it out! Then he insists on chasing the broom!! Too funny! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts