Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a cute Step-In Harness. I need to get it by June 8. I was looking at the RC Pet's ones but the local store can only get certain ones and I don't really like the patterns they can get. I'm going to check out one other store in town and see what they have. Does anyone know of any cute ones on line?

Oh, I only want to spend at the most $25.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@May 23 2005, 06:23 PM
I like step-in harnesses.  Peanut is really skinny and the regular harnesses twist around and he ends up twisted up in the leash by the end of the walk.  With the step-in kind, the top always stays on top.  And I also like them because I can use a collar when necessary without leaving the harness on all day when he needs his tags.
step in harness

There's nothing extra special about this brand, I'm just picky and I wanted the turquoise color (even though I don't know how to spell turquoise
)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64617
[/QUOTE]
I just posted this on Jessica's thread

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'll post the link here for The Pampered Pup so you can go to their harnesses page. I love step in harnesses but know that in my local stores they don't have any cute ones. This website has several that I think are really cute. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
There are some really really cute harnesses on trixieandpeanut.com...they are a lot of dollars i think though...but maybe worth it just like one of their adorable carriers that i have to pay like 80 bucks for

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
we got a plain colored step-in harness from petedge. maybe $5? of course, i sewed some ribbon on it, just to "doll it up" a bit. best five bucks ever spent LOL. it's the only harness that the puppysitters can get on the buttercup easily, hehe. and that amazes me, because i have one from fox&hounds that just slips right over the head and snaps behind the leg. super easy, but it involves rocket science or at least the pythagorean theorem or something, you'd think...

ann marie and the "harness collector" buttercup

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by TheButtercup@May 23 2005, 11:43 PM
i have one from fox&hounds that just slips right over the head and snaps behind the leg.  super easy, but it involves rocket science or at least the pythagorean theorem or something, you'd think...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64679
[/QUOTE]
I have one like that for Lexi right now and I think my dad and brothers would just leave it on her. I also like the idea of the step in harness because it would let me leave on her collar (with her tags on it). I'm just afraid of her getting out without her tags on (even though she is microchiped).

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I am having all kinds of trouble posting pictures today, but if you go to glamourdog.com, you can see the one Bella uses. Its called a "crystal-accented no-buckle dog harness" , its red, and its $35. I have tried a million (ok, not that many) harnesses and this is the only one Bella volunteers to use. If I hold it out, she practically puts it on for me. Im not sure what the difference is between a no-buckle harness, and a step-in, but this one really works well for me.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by bellasmommy@May 24 2005, 10:31 AM
I am having all kinds of trouble posting pictures today, but if you go to glamourdog.com, you can see the one Bella uses.  Its called a "crystal-accented no-buckle dog harness" , its red, and its $35.  I have tried a million (ok, not that many) harnesses and this is the only one Bella volunteers to use.  If I hold it out, she practically puts it on for me.  Im not sure what the difference is between a no-buckle harness, and a step-in, but this one really works well for me.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64758
[/QUOTE]
How the heck do you put that on? It looks complicated. Crystal Accented No-Buckle Dog Harness

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+May 24 2005, 10:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-bellasmommy
@May 24 2005, 10:31 AM
I am having all kinds of trouble posting pictures today, but if you go to glamourdog.com, you can see the one Bella uses.  Its called a "crystal-accented no-buckle dog harness" , its red, and its $35.  I have tried a million (ok, not that many) harnesses and this is the only one Bella volunteers to use.  If I hold it out, she practically puts it on for me.  Im not sure what the difference is between a no-buckle harness, and a step-in, but this one really works well for me.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64758
How the heck do you put that on? It looks complicated. Crystal Accented No-Buckle Dog Harness
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64765
[/B][/QUOTE]

Its not complicated at all, I promise. Bella just pokes her head thorugh the center hole, and then one loop hangs at the side of each leg. Then I just put her legs in the loops one at a time. Its really easy. Once Bella figured it out, she practically puts it on. The material has a little give, so you can kind of stretch it to put it on. The only other kind I have tried is the nylon buckle kind, and I will never re-visit those. I could get them on, but then I could never get the thing to unbuckle. Whatever kind you decide, good luck!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Ebay has some for $4.99 and $6.99 shipping. They come with a matching leash. In size S, M, and L. Just search pink plaid harness ( they also have blue plaid) and it will bring them up. They are the step-in kind. I ordered one and it should be here next week as she ships the next business day. Just be careful and order the one in the States - Hong Kong and other places take much longer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4383260304

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Lexi- I should have told you that the graphic at glamourdog is kind of weird. Imagine it upside down, because they have it pictured where the head hole is at the top, when it should be at the bottom, with the leg holes on the sides. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cute!

I ended up just getting a black nylon one from PetSmart. It will match her collar. I decided with my trip to San Diego, all the gas money I need for my other weekend trips, & the 2nd puppy I just couldn't justify spending an $35 on a harness when a $10 one would be just fine.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by maggiesmom+May 26 2005, 12:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-puppylucy
@May 23 2005, 05:39 PM
haha... two harness threads!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64604
Excuse me but how in the world do you get your precious pics to blink like that? That's awesome!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65595
[/B][/QUOTE]

thanks, but i didn't do it. one of the members here, LadyMontava, makes signatures for a lot of us. i haven't seen her here in awhile but i'm sure if you pm her she'll be happy to help you, provided she has time.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by puppylucy+May 26 2005, 01:00 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2005, 12:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-puppylucy
@May 23 2005, 05:39 PM
haha... two harness threads!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64604

Excuse me but how in the world do you get your precious pics to blink like that? That's awesome!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65595

[/QUOTE]

thanks, but i didn't do it. one of the members here, LadyMontava, makes signatures for a lot of us. i haven't seen her here in awhile but i'm sure if you pm her she'll be happy to help you, provided she has time.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65596
[/B][/QUOTE]
LadyMontava is doing her internship right now so she might not have a lot of time. I do know there are a couple of other people on here that make them. Maybe start a thread asking who can make them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts