Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I have read about nipping at the feet and ankles and pants, and ignoring him is something we are going to try to see if that helps to stop that behavior…he bites at my wife’s feet way more than mine. I wanted to ask about Biting and at the face nipping.. we spoke to our vet and she said to make sure we sternly let him know that is not going to fly, we also say “NO BITE” every time we go to pet his head or get close with our hands he opens his mouth and goes to bite…he is 15 weeks old and we are not sure if this is something he will grow out of or if there are other steps we need to take…anyone have any useful insight…
Thanks
A&N

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by Ant Nay@Jul 6 2005, 08:54 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have read about nipping at the feet and ankles and pants, and ignoring him is something we are going to try to see if that helps to stop that behavior…he bites at my wife’s feet way more than mine. I wanted to ask about Biting and at the face nipping.. we spoke to our vet and she said to make sure we sternly let him know that is not going to fly, we also say “NO BITE” every time we go to pet his head or get close with our hands he opens his mouth and goes to bite…he is 15 weeks old and we are not sure if this is something he will grow out of or if there are other steps we need to take…anyone have any useful insight…
Thanks
A&N
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78817
[/QUOTE]

Rex did this to me when I worked out, he wouldnt leave me alone biting and nipping my toes. He responded better to my husband correcting him than me trying to in the middle of my working out. Rex would just think I was playing when I tried to correct him, because I was trying to correct him while keeping my heart rate up, marching while getting him a chewie, etc. My hubby would pick him up and move him and give him a chew toy and tell him good boy. Over time, about 2-3 weeks of doing this everyday when I worked out, Rex finally got the hint!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts