Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister's ex husband (divorced a year ago) died today of a massive heart attack. He just turned 40 years old. I saw him on Saturday when I was in Vegas visiting my sister. I can't believe it...he is being shipped here where his family lives for the funeral. My sister and the kids are coming to my house on Friday. The funeral is this weekend. Please pray for my nephew. He's been through so much. He is 15, took the divorce really hard and just got through the burgulary this past weekend. Now this when he's already fragile. He's been seeing a therapist for the past year. Her other son is going to be six in April. :(

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Dianne, I'm so sorry to read this. My father's family has a history of heart attacks. 40 is so young. :( My prayers are with both of your nephews. My deepest condolences to your sister's ex's family.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Oh no I am so sorry. Will keep your sister and family in my thoughts and prayer.

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this - so very young! I will be keeping your sister's family in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
oh I am so very sorry for the loss :( will keep your sis and familiy in my thougts and prayers (hugs)
I keep on hearing stories of people around that not old age who end up with a heart attack; really sad.
Might be the stressful life? My professor also had it, but survived it!
Again, I am sorry.
hugs
Kat

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Oh my lord! I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers to the family.....40 is just too young!!!!! And my heart goes out to your nephew, I hope he can over come these giant obsticales.

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Dianne-I am so sorry. 40 is so young. Divorce is a terrible thing especially when children are involved and to have this happen makes it so much worse. I'm glad your nephew is seeing a therapist. I am praying for all of you during this very difficult time.:grouphug:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
aww man , when it rains it pours , im so so sorry , so young . my condolenses to u and ur family , and i pray for all of u especially ur nephews :(

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
He was really young, wow we just don't expect anything like that to happen. My condolences to all the family. No wonder you are in shock :( :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
:grouphug::prayer::prayer:Dianne -- life is very fragile. It's always hard to lose a loved one and especially family. Such a young age. My heart goes out to your family -- especially the children. I know that this will be a very difficult time for them. My prayers are with you all.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Dianne - What more can that family take? First the burglary, and now this. :smcry:What a shock to lose him that young. I'm sending prayers for your sister, her boys and her ex's family. I can imagine your sister must be reeling. I'm happy the older son is seeing a therapist but I also have to add how important it is for her younger son to talk about things. I lost my dad to a massive heart attack when I was 6 and at that time the thinking was to not talk about it or him I guess so that I wouldn't be so sad. It was the worst thing that could have been done since I felt it was taboo to talk about my dad and I buried all my feelings until I was around 21 years old. Because of that, I have no memories of my dad. The best thing is to talk about him, keep his memory alive, remember the good and fun times and celebrate how he was a good father. I know that's hard after divorce but it's really important for the kids. :grouphug:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I hope the support of you all will help the kids get through this.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts