Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After canceling 2 previous appointments :eek: I had Sydney spayed today. She seems to be doing well. She's eaten a few kibbles & cheerios out of my hand and is walking some and has had her first urination. She still refuses water...... I put her in a onsie to prevent her from licking her incision and plan on giving her pain meds before bedtime.

Does anyone know how soon I should expect her to have a bowel movement? Also, at what point can I stop being concerned about her licking her wounds. I don't want to keep her in "clothes" longer than need be.

I was so nervous and then excited to pick her up, I forgot to ask the vet. I'll try and give him a call in the morning.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I had maxi neutered on april 8th its alittle easier on boys
they sent him home with the cone but he was so uncomfortable i took it off and just watched him i know i was told not to cover it with anything and to let t breath but i dont know if its different for females
i hope she recovers quickly

·
Registered
939 Posts
Sounds like Sydne is doing very well. I also was told not to cover the area and to let it breath (also a neutering though).... you may want to check with the vet on this.

Hopefully someone with a female will post further information for you.

Keep us posted on her (and your
) progress.

Judi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts