Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh gosh I am so tires of these wretched storms :smilie_tischkante:
Yesterday afternoon we had a really nasty one and it destroyed many trees and property in our subdivision and probably the whole town for that matter. We are fortunate that our trees are still standing but some of the prettiest ones in our street are now gone. At one stage there was a tornadic storm heading right for us and the sky was green, oh so scary. but the straight line winds that we did get were horrific and as usual we were in our basement safe and sound, neither of the boys seemed worried at all as we could hear the wind roaring around and the thunder, lightening and rain was terrible.
I pray these storms didn't continue on and harm anyone here from SM. I did see that Chicago suffered major flooding and wind damage and I sure hope you and your babies are ok Crystal and anyone else in the path of that horrible weather.
Give us back the sunshine and nice weather for a while please God, everyone needs a break and a chance to get out and enjoy the summer.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Oh no! That sounds scary!! I hope the storms end soon, it's time for summer....and that's time to be outdoors enjoying the sunshine. Not huddled in a basement hoping your house doesn't blow away :w00t:

It's unusally warm...I mean stinkin' HOT here in NJ. Last June it rained most of the month, this year we went right from winter directly into the dog days of summer. What's happening with the weather anyway??

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh goodness, sounds scary. We had a storm like that last week with straight line winds. I noticed two hugh trees across the street were completely blown down. Thank goodness it did not damage our trees just hundreds of yards away! I hope your weather pattern improves~~~

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Janet: where in Illinois are you?
Maggie we are 20 miles east of the Quad Cities in town called Geneseo, we took a direct hit from a tornadic storm cell that came across from Iowa. There have been so many storms go either just north or south of us and have been on tornado watch for a great part of June, but this one was the one that hit us direct, fortunatly no tornado but the straight line winds were ferocious and the sky was green when we peeked out the basement window, that was so scary cos we honestly thought we were going to get the big T this time. I thank God we didn't. I don't know how I would have coped with that.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Janet, sorry to hear they got so close, glad you are ok, also wanted to "hi" :smilie_daumenpos:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Very scary weather worldwide. A friend said it's 100 degrees in Moscow where it was never like that by a good 20 degrees. We just had a tornado in Connecticut yesterday. The line of storms (thunder and lightening and fierce winds) came thru here in the city so ferociously and then were gone but Bridgeport CT and parts of Long Island really got slammed.:w00t:

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
Janet - I know where Geneseo is - I've lived in IL my whole life and grew up near Peoria. I'm sorry you were so close and am glad everyone's safe.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
That must have been very scary! I know I would have been shaking in my shoes!

I'm glad that you are okay!

Linda

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sending you some sunshine, it's a 107° right now at 6:47 pm. I hate storms, they scare me too much.
You and me both Janine, I had never seen storms so fierce as the ones we have here till I came to the US and they scare the heck out of me. This last month has been really bad in the Midwest and today we are expecting more severe weather, the good thing is they are promising us a glorious week next week, sunshine and low humidity, I can sure deal with that:aktion033:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts